Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

You know it's going to be a bad day when ...

cfmuehling
18 years ago

Ok, I'll tell you the punch line, but first, I'd like you to recall all the invasive plants I've been collecting. All the 900+ pieces of Liriope I've been planting these last couple of weeks, and how mad I get at people who drive too quickly around my road's curve and end up in my roadside gardens, OK? Keep all that in mind?

To the punch line:

Well, my husband wasn't feeling well this morning, got out of his truck to run back inside, evidently not putting his truck in park. He heard a sound, turned around and saw his heavy, F-250 pick-up truck go up and over the embankment across the street, coming to rest on the frame with the front wheels still on the road but the the rear dangling over the gully. Of course, it also drove over and came to rest on a Cherokee Dogwood, several ornamental grasses, liriope I'd planted, and a huge bunch of ditch lilies I've been cultivating. Well, thank goodness you can't kill those, right?

I walked out of the house and burst out into the largest laugh. How could I not!? What a sucky way to 1) start the day, and 2) have to tell your wife what you did. Oh well.

It could have run over the hibiscus, agastache, spiderwort, mums and other things I actually care about. Bless their soul, the garbage men hooked him up to the truck and pulled his silly butt out or we'd still be fussing with it.

So out I go to try to salvage that section of the roadside. At least the hill is now a little lower than it was and easier to get up and over to throw yard waste into the gully.

I can now imagine how people on Candid Camera feel.

Christine

Comments (2)