Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mature shrubs for adoption (Gaithersburg)

Posted by alina_1 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 07 at 12:44

Hello,
I will have to remove some shrubs from my garden this fall. They are perfectly healthy. I have Barberry shrubs that are about 2.5-3' tall. Probably, 'Rose Glow', but I am not sure. I also have some Yews. They are 3-4' tall. Apparently, they are too large for transplanting, but you want to try they are yours.
If anyone interested, please let me know. I also can post pictures. I live in Gaithersburg, MD (Montgomery County). You can come any time and dig them.
I would hate to throw them away, but I will have no choice if they will not be adopted by someone...
Alina.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mature shrubs for adoption (Gaithersburg)

Alina, I'd be happy to take a couple of your barberry shrubs!
If that works for you, and if there are others down this way (Bowie) and south I can dig for them too..

The best time for me is while the kids are in school, but if afternoons/evenings/weekends work best for you, I can do the daddy hand-off.

You can reach me at lynneinmd at gmail.com

Lynne

o

Hi Lynne,

I emailed you.

Thanks,
Alina.

o

I live near Gaithersburg and also have a mature barberry that I want to remove. If you haven't already been in the area to get Alina's, you are welcome to come by my place and get another barberry. Or any other takers. I'd like to remove it soon.

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here