Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swissmiss_gw

source for very large decorative pots

swissmiss
18 years ago

I would like to put big potted plants (less formal than topiary, but hopefully evergreen ... that's a puzzle for another day...) on either side of our front door. I see these things in magazines (usually light grey stone or concrete), but I don't know where to buy them. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

Comments (8)

• bogturtle
    18 years ago

My wife found sizeable grey colored pots originally priced about $14 in TJ MAX for $5. They look like lattice work on concrete but, for good or ill, they are a lightweight plastic. If you are familiar with these stores, there is no predicting what you will find.
    The local nurseries sometimes have 50% sales on pots this time of year. Hard to understand since they eat no bread and should not be affected by the weather.

• spiderwoman
    18 years ago

Visit the Hypertufa Forum and learn to make your own. Great fun and you can get exactly what you want.
    Welcome to the forum and the Mid-Atlantic region.
    spiderwoman

• Lesathummercrossing
    18 years ago

Waldorf Pottery on 301 below Waldorf MD is the distributor for that kind of stuff and statuary. They also have a retail store.

Les

• bulldinkie
    18 years ago

Country market nursery has a sale on thiers all sizes.

• dawnstorm
    18 years ago

Hardware City in Kensington has quite a selection of pots, both big and small.

• gardengranma
    18 years ago

At the Outlets on the Eastern Shore on Rt. 50/301 they have a botanical store with plants, pots, deco items, etc. They have terrifically priced pots and closer to the winter they have great sales. I got mine there.

• bogturtle
    18 years ago

spiderwoman, you have charlotte's (Charlotte's Web) cleverness. Making your own stuff has great satisfaction in it.

• Laurel7286
    18 years ago

I bought several this spring at Sam's Club at very good prices, but it is a seasonal thing. You won't find them now.

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022