Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spanaval

Y'all can thank me later

spanaval
18 years ago

Over the weekend, I finally broke down and watered my entire garden. And what do you know, we're having "measurable amount of precipitation" (in weather-guy speak) even as I type.

Hope you get some out there in Annapolis, Christine. I'm just not sure if my powers are that great.

Suja

Comments (11)

• lvmygrdn
    18 years ago

I do thank you. It has been so long since we have had rain. My grass seed and garden thank you. :-)

• Brent_In_NoVA
    18 years ago

Thanks Suja! I have to take at least partial blame for the drought. The week before Labor Day it rained and it was supposed to rain for a few days. I got out in the morning and spread alfalfa pellets on my lawn figuring that the rain will help break them down. It did not rain and has not rained since...except for yesterday. Ahhh...rain!!

- Brent

• cfmuehling
    18 years ago

Sorry.
    I drove from MI through 10 hours of thunderstorms and rain to turn off Route 301 onto dry pavement. That makes 3 rains in 15 weeks so far 'cause I got nuttin'.

I'm waiting to put down my own organic stuff on the lawn, but figure if I wait, it'll never happen. At least if the dogs tinkle on it it might break down.

Frustrating.

Christine

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Christine,
    Sounds like you need to do the " make your neighbors wonder what the heck you've been smoking" rain dance. Get out in that yard of yours, girl...put your war paint on and wave your hands as you spin around three times, clap your hands as you shout hey-ya, hey-ya, hey-ya...and broadcast a concoction of 1-part dog vomit mushrooom, 1-part dried phallus impudicus onto your yard. Something is bound to come from the sky...... ;)

Bonnie

• Brent_In_NoVA
    18 years ago

Suja: You mind getting out and watering your garden again this weekend? It seems that "measurable amount" did not measure up to much.

- Brent

• spanaval
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yeah, I know. Apparently, Alfalfa beats the hose. Driest September on record, and some counties (Loudon, Fauquier, etc.) are being declared agricultural disasters (or something like that). On top of it, we will not be having even half-way decent fall color.

Maybe I should throw in a rain dance for good measure, but small children and sensitive adults might be permanantly scarred from it.

Suja

• creatrix
    18 years ago

Richmond is on voluntary water restriction as of today. We can water every other day- thank goodness I got my grass seed up already!

• lvmygrdn
    18 years ago

Keep on dancing...it's working.

• faerieannette
    18 years ago

Christine,

I did not realize you were in annapolis. I am too!

-Annette

• dawnstorm
    18 years ago

On behalf of my hydrangeas, butterfly bushes, and other shrubs, THANK YOU!!

• Brent_In_NoVA
    18 years ago

BTW...I would like to claim partial responsibility for the rain. I volunteered to help out with the Sterling Garden Club booth at Saturday's SterlingFest. That event was pretty much a bust this year. They canceled the parade and most of the kids stuff and crammed the few vendors that showed up into the gym. Oh well. I got to talk to some people and hand out some free plants...and put the hose away for a little while!!

- Brent

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz