Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meadow_lark

Locate Seven Sons Tree Plus other questions...

meadow_lark
15 years ago

Hi Ya'll! I've finally moved up here to Leonardtown, Maryland (Southern Maryland) from Huntsville, Alabama.

I love our house - and it's got 6.57 acres to boot!

I have brought multiple Japanese maples with me, along with some buddlieas, weigelias, roses, and other "babies" I just couldn't bear to leave.

So - here are my questions:

1. Has anyone in the area seen a Heptacodium miconioides (Seven Sons Tree) at any nurseries in Southern Maryland? I donated mine to Habitat for Humanity, as it was too big for me to move I simply MUST find another one!

2. What are you using to amend the soil? Anybody have some suggestions on where I can get some "reasonably" priced amendments? Have you seen seaweed or cotton hulls sold anywhere around here?

3. Has anyone gotten mulch from the St. Andrews landfill? They had free mulch this summer, but I didnÂt want to bring home any nasty diseases or pests I have several "paths" through the woods, that need to be topped off. Thought some of you may have tried the landfill mulch already.

4. I have a lovely Chinese Butterfly Rose that I am going to be putting in the ground. Does anyone have experience with them in our area? I donÂt know how much protection she will need.

5. I also have a Knockout Rose topiary tree and a Loropetalum topiary tree. Both of them are in pots, but will be going into the ground as soon as I figure out where IÂm going to put them. IÂm not sure how much protection they will need.

6. Do you leave your water features running all winter?

7. I am a garden accent "fiend"! I have several pieces of cement statuary and metal work, as well as numerous bird houses. Where can I buy MORE!

8. Do you know of any Arts and Craft shows in our area that have garden art, pottery, etc?

9. Do yaÂll in Southern Maryland do a plant swap or any trading?

OkayÂ. ThatÂs it for my first list of questions.

Thanks to allÂ. Meadow Lark

Comments (7)