Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Help! Dividing & Overwhelmed!

CEFreeman
11 years ago

Hi all!

I"m dividing my hosta & huechera, tiarella, and hucherellas, then repotting JMs and other shrubs.

I have 100s of divisions I don't have pots for. One pot-bound tiarella (no name - lost tag) just divided into 10 count 'em, TEN healthy plants.

If you're interested in giving these plants a good home, I would meet you somewhere to deliver. I live on the very north of Upper Marlboro (used to be Bowie/Mitchellville) and travel around the area quite a bit to teach. It is my feeling these should probably go into the ground this week before we sink to below freezing.

I'm bagging them and have many ready to go.

LMK if you have room!

Comments (6)

• shadysite
    11 years ago

CE,

I would love to have huechera, tarella, and hucherellas of any type although named is always good. We are replanting a shady slope, rather steep, after ripping out ivy everywhere. Also any native shrubs that would do well in sually damp clay shade with spottings of sunlight here and there. 80 to 100 foot beech trees with rising roots and oaks provide the shade and relative acidity from dropped leaves.

We are off Western Avenue in Chevy Chase, close to Rock Creek Park (that's why no hosta...deer candy), and could pick up from Silver Spring, Wheaton, College Park...I don't know where you go.

THANKS! Lisa

• shadysite
    11 years ago

CE,

I would love to have huechera, tarella, and hucherellas of any type although named is always good. We are replanting a shady slope, rather steep, after ripping out ivy everywhere. Also any native shrubs that would do well in sually damp clay shade with spottings of sunlight here and there. 80 to 100 foot beech trees with rising roots and oaks provide the shade and relative acidity from dropped leaves.

We are off Western Avenue in Chevy Chase, close to Rock Creek Park (that's why no hosta...deer candy), and could pick up from Silver Spring, Wheaton, College Park...I don't know where you go.

THANKS! Lisa

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lisa,
    I don't seem to get Gardenweb email again.
    The closest I go over that way these days is Kenilworth Avenue.
    I have a lot of the ones you're looking for and will have more this week. I'm still dividing.

Why don't I finish, probably next weekend and get in touch? I have enough to save some for both you and Larry. They're visiting me next weekend, and then we can hook up if you'd like.

I lived in Rock Creek. I still own behind the Parkway Deli, so we can arrange something easily that we both know.

Sound like a plan? :)

• herbal
    11 years ago

Hi! You're near me. I'm in Upper Marlboro too. Do you still have heuchera and heucherella? Also, are you teaching gardening locally? I'd be interested in learning. Thanks.

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi all!
    Shadysite and herbal, yes I have both.
    When I originally wrote this post, I had just started.
    I worked well into the beginning of January repotting and dividing and have yet more.

As far as teaching, herbal, I'm not sure what to teach! I could help you, as can anyone here! I learned on my own, reading, and from people here. Also, the two best, toughest teachers: Mr. Trial and Mrs. Error.

Anyway, I've got stuff set up for Spring (and will have more) and will hold some things for you.

Christine

• shadysite
    11 years ago

Thanks, Christine, I'll look forward to treasure!

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery