Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great Plant Sale at Lowe's

Posted by stephsgarden z7 MD (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 05 at 13:28

I stopped by Lowes on Sunday afternoon to pick up some mulch for my new plants (thanks to everyone at the swap!) and discovered that they had all the perennials marked with a 50% off sign, so a I picked up a few. When they rang me up, the perennials came up at $.49 each--or over 90% off. The clerk said they were trying to get rid of stock before the first frost--including trees, shrubs, etc. which are 50% off. Then I bought a lot more plants and enough salvia to border my rose garden. Today my purse is happy but my back and arms are not. My Lowes (New Carrolton, MD) still had a bunch of plants, though not very many of any one variety with the exception of russian sage--they still had a ton of that. The mums were 50% off too. Just wanted to spread some planting cheer--Stephanie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great Plant Sale at Lowe's

The one in Waldorf has the same sale. I bought Russian sage, pink corepsis, variegated corepsis, some butterfly bushes for .50.

o

Yeah!!!
I'm there tomorrow -- heading for Bowie and will let you know.

Christine

o

Went to Bowie yesterday and didn't see any sale signs...

Sounds like I'm going to New Carrolton, though... :)

o

What kind of Salvia did they have?

Rose

o

I must be crazy or something, but I've been looking for violas at plant places and no one has any! They will flower through the winter, so how can they possibly say that it's too late in the year for them? They still have pansies. I was very diappointed in Lowes and Home Depot by me. All they ever have in fall are mums and pansies and ornamental kale and cabbage. BOOORRRRRIIIINNGG.

o

I was told by a grower that some growers (for the big box stores) lost their violas this year. I don't know why or how. I got mine at Snell's Greenhouses on Runkles Rd in Mt. Airy weeks ago. I don't know if they are close to you but you can call them to see if they still have them. By the way it is not DR Snell on Rt 27. They are related but different businesses. I do not work for them. Just my .02

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here