Me too. It's absolutely wonderful.

• Lesathummercrossing
    18 years ago

Anybody for "Singin in thr Rain"

Les

Glad it is not swap weekend

• bogturtle
    18 years ago

A great many new shrubs came very close to dying and some well established ones showed real stress. A Viburnum pragense go so bad I could not save it. A new acquistion, V.'Popcorn' was so wilted I had to weight the pot down in a pail of water overnight to save it and some leaves are severly damaged. Same with my new, still in the pot, Forsythia 'Golden Peep'. One more half day and they would have been both dead.
    I am convinced that adequate rain (which has been absent), bright sun and cool nights result in excellent Fall leaf coloration, so it will be interesting to see how the trees and shrubs color up in the next month. They are only just starting now.
    But its over. There is a consistent, truly soaking rain and most gardeners seem universaly happy.

• madsquopper
    18 years ago

Over 5 inches here so far (in Vienna) and it's only Saturday morning. The tall perennials are all U-shaped.

Larry

• happygardnr
    18 years ago

My fish pond is overflowing, but I'm not complaining. Guess my watering on Wednesday paid off. LOL Happy

• alfie_md6
    18 years ago

5.5" inches here, up to the very top of the gradations on our rain gauge. 10 inches elsewhere -- did anybody get that much?

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

I got about 8 inches of rain. Middle River area..about 10 miles north of Baltimore city. Had to wear boots this morning to navigate the back and front yard but as the afternoon came, it seemed to soak it all up. It's pretty muddy in some spots but I think in a couple of days most of it will be dried out a bit.

• cfmuehling
    18 years ago

I'm still under 3'' down here off Rte 301.
    However, it's a slow, soaking drizzle and I'm extremely happy!
    I was going on 18 weeks with only 3, brief showers. And I'm talking brief.

I couldn't keep up with the soaker hoses and lost a lot of heuchera. My new Sycamores are struggling, as are several other trees. My new raspberry bush has one stalk? branch? out of 9 that isn't dead. My Japanese Maple collection has started putting out foliage, since the heat broke and the rain is happening. They were dying back to small, grafted sticks.

I'm hoping to get more today, but so far it's only cold. At least it's cloudy! :)

Christine

• dawnstorm
    18 years ago

My hydrangeas are extremely happy as is the rest of my shrubbery.

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer