Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hankg_gw

an observation and a story

hankg_gw
14 years ago

Tomatoes are going, I'm missing them although I still have them.There should be a country song expessing this.

So there I was in my new corn maze when my brother calls me on the cell to ask if I was wearing my gorilla suit. I wear this suit at times when I drive the tractor of the hay ride. Sometimes the small children become alarmed with the gorilla on the tractor so I take it off. More than once she/he becomes more alarmed with the removal of the costume. Anyway, I inform my brother, who is managing the orchard just up the driveway, that no, I haven't put the suit on as of yet. "Oh", he says after he pauses, "then maybe you have a bear near your maze. Two of my customers say there is a bear near the upper boundary of the maze field." Not a good piece of news. Should I tell the families entering the corn field. There are signs within the maze telling them not to feed the gorilla or RAWL means "I love you" in gorilla. But a real black bear may be over the top.

Then a customer of mine says he saw a small bear. It was small, about this big as he held his hands about a foot and a half apart. Next another cust. says he was on the slide mountain and took a video of the bear. Its size was about 300 lbs. Great, I've got a mother and a cub.

The video man pointed toward the pumpkin patch for the last direction of the bear he saw. Ah, then my dad comes up to announce he just saw a big bear in the pumpkins and this bear traveled over the hill away from the farm. The end of the story, I guess.

Hank

Sponsored