Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Frost -- what to do?

Posted by pjdsr z7 VA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 13, 06 at 21:46

Had some frost on the windshield this morning but no damage to the remaining summer crops. Forecast for tonight is lows in the 20s, so my boys and I picked all the peppers and tomatoes that were still on the vine, enough to fill several quarts.

We picked one big green pepper and noted the plant marker in the ground. It was from a plant we started from seed in the basement on January 9th. Pretty cool to have a project that can span 3/4ths of a year of productivity.

Good luck tonight!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Frost -- what to do?

We had our first heavy frost on Friday night. The verbena canadensis seemed to just laugh at it and keep going. This was blooming at Easter and looks like it is trying to make it to Thanksgiving.
You're right PJ, gardening is a great project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here