Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
manure_queen

pot luck Jan 14

manure_queen
17 years ago

We shall meet Sunday afternoon anytime after 1PM.

shall dine 3-3:30

5707 Old Temple hills road (st sign in off in ditch)

Temple Hills Md 20748

301-423 5982. Bring catalogs, wish lists, seeds to swap or share.

Please post contribution toward pot-luck here and limit 1 posting per person(easier for me to follow as message from here will probably go to spam))

Comments (14)

• manure_queen
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I shall be doing a rotissiere chicken (teriyaki marinade)
    will have several different tomatoes , 2-3 different castorbeans, mix of several different paprika peppers
    Have ordered some seed catalogs
    Mary (aka mirka_g)

• kimka
    17 years ago

I shall bring an apple tart for dessert and lots of seeds to share.

KimKa

• gflynn
    17 years ago

Hey folks, bring me up to speed. What is it that you are pot lucking about? I guess its the beginning of the season of indoor growing?

Greg

• annebert
    17 years ago

What, we need a reason?
    I'll bring baked beans.

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Looking forward to it....
    I will bring a salad of some sort.
    I do also have lots of seeds to bring.

Bonnie

• cfmuehling
    17 years ago

I don't have any seeds, but will hold on to catalogues, although I'm fairly certain we all get the same ones! :)

I'll bring something salad-like from the Safeway. I still don't have a kitchen, so anything homemade remains a fond memory.

This sounds like it'll be fun.

Christine

• kimka
    17 years ago

I know this is not officially a swap or exchange, but almost all my brugmansia cuttings rooted, so I have four I can bring to the potluck if anyone wants one.

Let me know at jkkaplan@erols.com

• leslies
    17 years ago

this is not officially a swap

Wherever two or more gardeners gather together, a swap is there among them!

I will miss the PL, but look forward to seeing everyone at the spring swap.

• sujiwan_gw 6b MD/PA
    17 years ago

I just saw this "Get Together" info. So glad I decided to stop in at GW. I have mostly last years catalogs and I'm not sure if I have to keep requesting them since usually I can go online to order anyway.

Two ideas for plant swaps: (rooted or not) cuttings of indoor plants

Old seed swap--for those who want to order new, but have seeds left in packets that are 1-2 years old (or more) for any people who will try their luck with them.

Suji

• dawnstorm
    17 years ago

OK, count me in--I've got some seeds and catalogs; now I have to figure out what the heck I'm gonna bring. Hmmm, maybe chili?

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

I regret that I will not be able to attend.
    Please enjoy yourselves and see you at the Spring Swap.

Bonnie

• buddybailey
    17 years ago

I 'm a lurker/newbie and I asked a lot of questions in the tomatoes forum. So someone there suggested I should come to this pot luck. I've never been to one of these before, so I don't know if it's proper.

Unfortunately I have no seeds or catalogs. I'm hoping to glean some tips from y'all. Is it alright for me to come?

Would a pie or some baked goods be alright?

Thanks!
    Stacy

• mirka_g
    17 years ago

Stact, all are welcome, bring what ever suits you, With this group, it will get eaten. Mary

• cfmuehling
    17 years ago

Mary!

Thanks for such a nice afternoon! I've got a few seeds I hadn't expected, and got to talk gardens for awhile. It was very nice.

Thanks everyone for such a great pot-luck, too! NUMMY! Always a favorite part of our events. :)

I'm looking forward to Spring Swap. [singing] Where oh where will it be.....[/end singing]

Christine

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz