Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barb_bronze

Anybody seen any bulbs left on sale anywhere?

barb_bronze
19 years ago

Silly me. I just want to buy some more common daffs, crocuses, alliums and/or muscari for as little as possible, and I don't want to buy them online.

I've been to a couple MD box stores, and they've been sold out since before Turkey day. The Christmas stuff came out at Halloween. Same with the River Road nurseries in Bethesda and Potomac.

The hardware store in Bethesda still has bulbs at 40% off their originally inflated price but they're still a bit higher than the original price at WalMart, and the one in Kensington is still selling them at full price. That just annoys me.

I haven't really done the NOVA search yet. Any out there?

I realize this is like asking the fox where the chickens are hiding, but I thought I'd try :-)

Thanks.

Comments (10)

• madsquopper
    19 years ago

There's a hardware store in the tiny shopping center right across the street from Glen Echo Park that had some last time I checked. If you like sushi, go a few doors down and there's a small carryout place that does an excellent job. Plus they're really cheap.

Larry

• barb_bronze
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I need to be kicked in the head for forgetting about that store! LOL!

I've known that store since I was a toddler because my aunt lives down the street. I was at her place on Monday, and we even talked about the fact that she went to that little strip on Sunday.

I feel like a bonehead. Luckily, I'm going back there in a day or so, and I'll check it out. Thanks for reminding someone with a sieve for brains. LOL!!

P.S. Maple Man, if you read this, I responded to your email re: mulch many times and never knew if you got any of them.

• gardenpaws_VA
    19 years ago

I think I saw some at Trader Joe's in Reston this past weekend, but didn't examine the display closely.

Robin

• chrismd
    19 years ago

There was a fairly good selection of Martha Stewart bulbs a few weeks ago at the K-Mart in Kentlands. Went more recently to the Lowe's in Kentlands and they had none. Home Depot in Aspen Hill has none. Trader Joe's in Rockville had amaryllis and paperwhite kits. (Just trying to save you a futile visit.)

The onlines that I use sold out pretty quickly this year, so I was looking for local sales too.

• chrismd
    19 years ago

No bulbs at the Kentlands Kmart today...

• graywings123
    19 years ago

If anyone in Maryland is still looking for bulbs, Hardware City in Bowie had quite a selection today.

Hardware City
    13711 Annapolis Road
    Bowie, MD 20715

• lynnt
    19 years ago

I hurried over there yesterday evening, and they still had, at half price:
    - several colors of tulip (med purple, red & white, yellow, and a couple more)
    - lots of crocus
    - thalia and yellow daffs
    - muscari
    - anemones
    - lots of pink hyacinth

half-price means half of $4, but I had no trouble getting functional packages of everything *I* wanted. They were real pleased when I said their stock had been posted to the internet. The display is over to the left toward the front of the store.

LynnT

• graywings123
    19 years ago

Glad I could help. That is a pretty cool hardware store, isn't it?

• Lesathummercrossing
    19 years ago

still some bulbs left at half price in the lowes in clinton as of jan 7)

• yardenman
    19 years ago

LOL! Buy them online from a good source (like Dutch Bulbs). It's worth it. I like to support products from local businesses, but bulbs aren't one of them!

Sponsored