Return to the Milkweed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not showing up on forum list?

Posted by mary_littlerockar 8a-7b mid Arkansas (maryeleek@gmail.com) on
Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 10:16

I had to cut and paste the url in order to find this forum as it isn't shown in the forum list. Maybe I need to clear my browser cache?

Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not showing up on forum list?

I noticed that also. I found it on a search yesterday onsite, however! Here's Antelope Horns, A. asperula, one of the wild milkweed here in Texas, shown with some Juniper Hairstreak butterflies. Makes a great nectar source when it's blooming!

o
RE: Not showing up on forum list?

I was able to find this forum on the forum list. Maybe it took a while for it to show up, but it's there now.

So, what plans does anyone have for growing milkweed this year and next? I have about 10 A. tuberosa plants, some bloomed this year and others are just seedlings. Next year they should be bigger and even more beautiful. I also have A. incarnata. They don't get as much sun as the tuberosa, so I'm thinking of transplanting them to sunnier locations. I'll also be wintersowing more that I will put in sunnier locations. I have some curassavica that I grew for the first time this year. I planned to take cuttings and bring them in, but haven't yet. It may get cold enough tonight that I've missed my chance. Oh, well. I did harvest seed that I can start early indoors for next spring. Monarchs don't show up hear until late spring or well into the summer. What's everyone else up to?

Martha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Milkweed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here