Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

WANTED: Spring Swap 2007

doucanoe
17 years ago

Announcing the 2007 GW Spring Plant Swap.

It will take place Saturday June 9...viewing and set up at noon, swapping to begin at 1pm. My home is located 9 miles NE of Cambridge, MN which is about 35 miles north of Mpls.

Sign up here and I will send an e-mail a couple of weeks before the swap with directions.

My driveway is very long, so I would recommend bringing a wagon to carry your plants up to the yard.

Bring a dish to share for a pot luck lunch. If you are a new gardener and don't have any/many plants to trade, we also like garden related items and of course, FOOD! LOL

Feel free to bring your gardening friends!

Linda

Comments (22)

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

Linda, Please put my name on your list the date is very ify, but I won't know for sure until it gets closer. My husband has been doing some weekend work. That means that if it is a weekend he has off we go to our cabin.

Pauline

• sandysgardens
    17 years ago

Linda - Add me to the list of attendees. Family has been informed that I will be staying home from the lake for the swap!!!!!

Sandy

• selkie_b
    17 years ago

Do my best to be there!

-Marie

• twohuskies
    17 years ago

I'll put it on my calendar.

• Julie
    17 years ago

I will be there!
    Julie

• cleocrafta
    17 years ago

I'll be there with my wagon in tow! Lynn

• tammymn
    17 years ago

I will be there. TammyMN

• buncobabe2u
    17 years ago

Linda,
    I've been off the forum for several months due to work and my son's Hockey activities. But today's warm weather made me think of flowers again and checking gardenweb. I would like to come.

Thanks,
    Mary

• diggetydig
    17 years ago

Please put me on your email list. I'd love to come but won't have work schedule for another month.

Thank you,
    Vicki

• cheri_mn_524
    17 years ago

I'll try and be there.

• eowynmn
    17 years ago

Oh this sounds like so much fun, but I can't go.
    I'm getting married the following Saturday, (June 16th) and I doubt I will have time to make something, much less go plant exchanging. :(

This is my first year with a garden, so maybe next year!

Erica

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

Erica, Congratulations. We do have a fall exchange too so keep an eye out for that.

• rosebacopa2
    17 years ago

I will try to be there, possibly with my sister from Worthington who wants to come up just for the swap. SHe has some nice things.
    Lynn

• Julie
    17 years ago

You have nice things too Lynn....

• jel48
    17 years ago

Darn! I'm going to miss this one too... my mom passed away last September and my sisters and I are auctioning her farm... in Nebraska... one of my sisters just confirmed the date and time... 10 am Saturday June 9th. I'll be sorry to miss all the fun at the swap! I know you guys will all have a great time.

• lynnsherbs
    16 years ago

Please add me to the list. Life is nuts right now, but I'll do my best to be there.

Lynn

• redbud
    16 years ago

I will not be able to attend as I have relatives visiting. I would love to arrange before or after swaps. Have mostly shade thriving stuff. My trade list is only partial. Lots of other native woodland stuff I think. Just learning names. If you know what you are looking for I could look up the name and then tell you if I have it or email pic or you could come for a look and help me identify.

• may8
    16 years ago

Linda:

Please add me to your list. I look forward to seeing you and other great gardeners.

May

• sureturtle
    16 years ago

Linda, please add me to the list. Look forward to it. I wonder would anyone consider carpooling? I live at Eagan and I would happy to car pool with people in the twin cities. Just a thought. Please contact if interested.

• selkie_b
    16 years ago

I am definitely going to be there, with a VERY enthusiastic friend who can't wait to meet you all. She can't be on GW as she only uses her computer ALL DAY for work so can't face another moment... muahahaha we can change her mind can't we?? She'll have hostas and a few other goodies!

-Marie

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    16 years ago

I MIGHT make it, this would be my first swap, and I really don't have much to swap. But it is a long drive, and I won't know for sure if I will make it, until it gets closer.

Jenny P

• doucanoe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I will be sending out directions this weekend to the June 9 swap in Cambridge. If you plan to come, make sure you post to this thread and that you are set up to get e-mail thru garden web.

Once they are sent out, I will post to let you know. At that time if I missed anyone you will still have time to e-mail me.

Sounds like a good crowd! I look forward to seeing you all!

Linda

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath