Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lazyweeder

HAVE: Spring Swap June 7th

lazyweeder
16 years ago

The smell of spring is in the air! Time to get together again for another spring swap.

Where: Dave aka Lazyweeder's house in Anoka

When : Saturday June 7th (my birthday I'll be 29) at 11:00am

Please bring something for the potluck. We'll be eating first and have the swap after lunch.

For those of you who haven't attended a swap you may want to bring:

* plants potted and labelled

Paper & pens ready (for notes on plants, and for future trades when the plants get large enough to divide again)

a box or wagon to put your new found treasures in

* sharpie and labels

* garden books to swap or share

* pictures of your garden

* all your empty plastic garden pots

I will send out an email to everyone that posts below with directions, etc about 10 days before the swap. Hope to see you all there!

Dave

Comments (36)

• buncobabe2u
    16 years ago

Dave,
    I've marked it on my calendar. Count me in.

Mary

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

Aw crud! That's the ONE day I can't make! Already have something on my calendar that day!

BooHoo! I was really looking forward to it since I missed the fall swap!

Oh well, have fun everyone!

Linda

• zenpotter
    16 years ago

Oh no I have something on the 7th too and I missed the fall swap. Errrrr

Pauline

• selkie_b
    16 years ago

I should be able to make it, likely with one or two folks in tow.
    -Marie

P.S. and bringing a bunch of canna lilies as well for those that want 'em

• rosebacopa2
    16 years ago

count me in.
    Lynn

• heleninramsey
    16 years ago

Looking forward to my first swap...fall I had a wedding to go to...seems like a long way to go to get to June!

Helen.

• sunset_shepherdess
    16 years ago

I'll deffinately try my best!

• joyfulsnowflake
    16 years ago

Count me in.

• cheri_mn_524
    16 years ago

I'll try my best.
    For those of you who can't make it, try to set up private swaps.

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

It's on the calendar, and I plan to be there!

Sandy

• may8
    16 years ago

It's on my calendar. Will try my best not to miss it.

May

• zenpotter
    16 years ago

Dave, Please put me on the list, I suspect I won't be able to make it, but I am still trying to figure out how to rearrange my schedule.

Pauline

• leftwood
    15 years ago

June 7 is our Rock Garden Society's plant sale. I am the committee chair, and unfortunately won't be able to make it.
    Rick

• mamma2max
    15 years ago

I'd like to come - might not have much to swap but would love to meet people.
    Angela/mamma2max

• gardener-budding
    15 years ago

I would really like to make it! It is on my calendar!

Thanks,
    Caarin
    cpannkuk@rhsrealty.com

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

I have added the date to my calendar.
    Bobbie

• selkie_b
    15 years ago

Dave,

What time are you planning to actually swap? There's something else going on that day and I need to know if we should go before or after the Swap. Noon?

-Marie

• woodsforchloe
    15 years ago

I have lived in Ramsey for over 35 years and would like to know more about where you are located. General area would be fine. Do lots of native plants show up at the swap?

• jel48
    15 years ago

I'm planning on it too.

• selkie_b
    15 years ago

woodsforchloe, Yep- lots of natives :) Some from my garden!

-Marie

• sjmarq
    15 years ago

Not certain yet if I can make it, but please add me to the info list.
    Thanks!

• twohuskies
    15 years ago

I'm putting it on my calendar.

• lillyann70
    15 years ago

I have been hanging around for a while but this is the first time I've posted. I would love to come to the swap on June 7th.

• tammymn
    15 years ago

Count me in. I decided to overhaul one of my daylily beds today and started thinning them out. I will post in the next few days what I have a available for a private trade. I will trade for some thing I dont have either sun or shade. tammy

• mantorvillain
    15 years ago

Hi Dave, I'm going to tentatively put it on my schedule so please include me in the directions. Right now the only think I'm sure of potting up will be a number of feather poppy. It apparently likes the spot it is in so well it has decided to coopt the rest of the surrounding area (grin).
    Oh, I'll probably bring some of the smaller brugmansias I carried over under lights this winter and will repost updates of other things I'll be bringing.
    Anyone else thinking ahead?
    Will

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Looks like we'll have a nice bunch coming for the swap. I'll be emailing directions on Wed of this week. If you don't get them shoot me an email.

You have till the day of the swap to post. If you do post on that Saturday the 7th send me an email too.

Tammy and Joyce, email me with what ya got. I'm moving a ton of stuff around in the garden. Will have plenty for some private trades.

Dave

• leaveswave
    15 years ago

I may be able to change my schedule if anyone's interested in some planned swaps. Please visit my lists of 'haves' and 'wants' - link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade page

• adamterrie
    15 years ago

I'm in. Many of my flower beds are now in their third year, and a lot of my perennials are really taking off (in good and bad ways). Thus, I should have a good variety of stuff to bring to the swap - however I still am not the best at keeping track of the specific varieties of the various plants.

- Adam

• mnzinnia
    15 years ago

Hi Dave, I am planning to attend the swap. I really look forward to meeting some MN GW'ers.

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just finished sending directions for the swap to everyone that has posted so far.

Heleninramsey, woodsforcloe, sunsetsheperdess have no way to contact you. Email me for directions.

Still time to sign up for the swap just post below.

Thanks,
    Dave

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am looking for:

fern leaf peony

variegated jacob's ladder 'Brise D'Anjou' or 'snow and sapphires"

brunnera jack frost, looking glass, hadspen cream

named heucheras

named sempervivums

pasque flower

swamp milkweed

If you have any of the above I'd be interested in a prearranged trade for the swap. Check my list and let me know.

Dave

• jennypat Zone 3b NW MN
    15 years ago

I have never joined a swap, I live up north of East Grand Forks. But it looks like I will be down in the twin cities area on the 7th for a graduation (in Cottage Grove). It might be possible for me to escape for a while and come over to the swap. If so, what time would be best? And all those questions.

Please let me know at pcajenny AT yahoo.com
    Jenny P

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Also looking for clay pots. All sizes and types. Good, cracked, or broken.

• mantorvillain
    15 years ago

OK, here's what I plan on bringing so far:
    Fried Chicken (yep food comes first)
    Plume Poppy
    Blue (really purple) poppy
    Heavenly Blue Morning Glory
    Blue Picotee Morning Glory
    Bare root horsradish starts
    Bare root variegated aretemesia starts (didn't think it was fair to just stick it in dirt the day before)
    Cannas...could be either President or Lucifer
    potted red dahlias which haven't come up yet and don't know if they will.

See everyone there.

• lillyann70
    15 years ago

Thank you Dave and family for the hospitality for the swaptoday. It was my first one and had a great time.Â
    Thanks, Cheryl

• may8
    15 years ago

Thank you Dave for hosting the swap. I had a great time visiting with your family, especially your mom. Glad that she could come too. Thanks everyone for bring your favorite plants. I really enjoy getting new plants and finding out more about them. The swaps were great experiences for me to learn about plants and to meet people. Nice to see all of you again! Happy gardening!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner