Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

WANTED: Owatonna Swap - Sun June 3, 07 - Sign up Here!

jel48
16 years ago

Where: Owatonna MN

When: Sunday June 3rd 2007

Time: 11:00 am - ??

Details: Arrive any time 11 am or after. Potluck at noon - Swap after we eat. I'll provide beverages (coffee, pop, ice tea) and something for the potluck (but haven't decided what yet). I'll also have napkins, paper plates, and disposable cups and eating utensils.

If you'd like to attend, please add your name to this thread. I'll email directions to each of you, so please make sure that either your gardenweb profile is set up to allow emails to be sent to you, OR, that you go to my profile and email me with your own email address so that I can get the information to you.

Comments (22)

• carmellia
    16 years ago

Yes, ma'am, I will be there. I will let her know.

Now, what shall I bring (both plants and food)?

I'm pretty sure I can be sent e-mails, but I will double check that right now. Carmellia

• lazyweeder
    16 years ago

I'll be there!

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

Not sure if I can attend, but I am hoping I can!

Linda

• luvmydaisies
    16 years ago

I am planning on being there..I will have to bring my little girls with again this year. I know that my hubby will be gone fishing.
    Atica

• Julie
    16 years ago

Hey- I thought I signed up already....
    I better start paying attention!

Julie

• luvmydaisies
    16 years ago

For the swap would anyone be interested in either of these daylilies?? I don't have the name for them so I don't know if people are interested in plants that don't have a name to go with it. LMK

• jel48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just wanted to bring this to the top of the Exchanges to remind everyone - this coming Sunday, June 3rd, my home in Owatonna. If I missed sending directions to anyone please let me know - you can just update here and I'll be watching and ready to send them out!

• adamterrie
    16 years ago

I'll be there. I believe my mother will be tagging along with me as well. I have already received directions (thanks Joyce).

For the potluck, I plan on bringing a keg of beer . . . . hmmm . . . that should increase the attendance at the swap.

- Adam

BTW - I was joking about the keg of beer. . . .

• jel48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Don't tell them that until they get there looking for it, Adam! That way we'll get the highest attendance and THEN we can announce that you decided to bring something else instead :-)

Your mother is very welcome. I'll be looking forward to meeting her.

• luvmydaisies
    16 years ago

I think I will bring some watermelon pieces and spinich dip??? We'll seen.
    Atica

• carmellia
    16 years ago

Luvmydasies, the un-named gold daylily with the dark center would be very welcome in my garden. If there is enough, I will take some.

I still don't know what I am bring to eat. Maybe a salad and a cake. As icky as it is outside, something warm might be nice, but I don't know how to go about that.

I don't know what Im digging either. It is so wet in my garden. But I will figure out something. Carmellia (I don't know if Gaillardia is coming. I know she will be in Wisconsin on Saturday.)

• mantorvillain
    16 years ago

OK, here we go...
    I think I'll grill some brats and dogs and bring them, buns etc over. I'm only 30 miles away but we'll likely need to nukem or something to rewarm them. Now to the serious business of the day, what I plan on bringing:
    Stone crop, green - 1
    Stone Crop, variegated - 1
    Hosta Azec Treasure
    Hostas other if the ground is dry enough to dig tomorrow.
    Pulmonaria - 3
    Daylily - 5 (variegated foliage, tall dbl orange blossom)
    Spearmint - 3
    Sedums - 2
    Artemesia (workwood) - 4
    Wild Geranium -1
    Pennywort (green)-1
    Snow on the mountain - 1
    Morning Glory (Heavenly Blue) 10-12 4" pots
    Marigolds: hope to plant tomorrow and will bring leftovers
    Sunset Giants (got a good 4' tall for me last year)
    Light Yellow
    Medium gold
    Bonanza Bolero - 12"
    Bonanza Orange - 12"
    Janie Primrose - 10-12"
    Disco Red 8-10"
    .....all these are from seed saved last year so may/not
    come true.
    Hollyhock seedlings - black (from Carmellia at fall swap)
    Rudbekia, Arizona Sun - in 4 paks
    Rudbekia, ???? solid yellow in 4 paks
    Aesclepius seedlings (from pink)if I get them pricked out
    tomorrow

Sorry, no Brugmansia plants or rooted cuttngs this spring. I do have some root sprouts I could cut off and bring over fresh if someone wants (contact me directly to arrange). cuttings i could bring would be of Versicolor Peach, Frosty Pink, Charles Grimaldi, Dr. Seuss

P.S. Joyce, I'll need directions.
    I look forward to seeing everyone Sunday,
    Will

• tammymn
    16 years ago

I am planning on coming. Could I please get the directions. TammyMN

• jel48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I think I've sent the directions and map off to everyone who asked... if I missed anybody at all please remind me. I'll be checking often between now and Sunday.

• jel48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, forgot to mention, I have wild geranium, nodding onions, heucherella, dianthus, and a couple of hostas potted up for Sunday. Plus, you are all welcome to anything in my yard that I have enough of to share. I've also got lots of empty pots on hand, so if anyone needs those, they'll be here.

Carmellia had a good idea about something hot to eat, the way the weather forecasts look. I might go that way myself, but won't know until I go to the grocery store tomorrow, exactly what I'll decide to make.

I will also have beverages, hot and cold, paper plates, napkins, and enough plastic utensils on hand for all.

• luvmydaisies
    16 years ago

Carmilla~

Yes I will bring teh daylilies :)
    Atica

• Julie
    16 years ago

OK- the car is packed! Sun, shade and seedlings!
    Now for the food.....

I do look forward to seeing you all soon!

Julie

• jel48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Weather update - We've had light drizzle and showers are predicted off and on all day, so I will have my husband move the boat out of the garage, which will give us a 2-car space. Bring umbrellas along and w'll make do and have fun anyway!

• luvmydaisies
    16 years ago

Joyce~
    Thank you for hosting the swap, it was wonderful and Thank you to all who came and brought so many wonderful plants. My six yr. old is walking around with her new treasures, telling me where we should put them and she picked a spot for her cransebill, that Joyce dug from her garden for her, and asked if it would be ok there and I said yes she told me " Mom, don't you remember how big her's (joyce) was, that will not fit in there"
    Any way THANK YOU for a wonderful day!!
    Atica

• jel48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Atica, Thank you so much! It was great having all of you here. It's fun seeing your girls getting so into the swaps. And pretty neat that they are thinking about where their plants should go instead of just plopping them in anywhere. Joyce

• lazyweeder
    16 years ago

Joyce,

Thanks for hosting the swap! Your garden was awesome! And so was the food and company. That greenhouse in town had some nice plants I should have bought more. Now if I can get those plants in by tomorrow...

Dave

• jel48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Dave! I'm glad you enjoyed the garden. And for those of you who wonder about 'that greenhouse', Dave's talking about Turtle Creek, here in Owatonna. It's one of my favorites.

I didn't have a chance to plant yesterday, but I got a good start with putting my new plants in the ground after work today and have the sprinkler running right now to give them a good start!