Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Spring Swap Date - 6/20

Posted by joyfulsnowflake Zone 4 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 22, 09 at 11:33

The smell of spring is in the air! Time to get together again for another spring swap.

Where: Ying aka joyfulsnowflake's neighborhood community center in Woodbury

When : Saturday June 20th at 11:00am
(Note, this date can be changed to 6/7 if wanted. On 6/7 the inside of community center is open 12:30-6pm. On 6/20 it is open 10:30-6pm. We can use outside any time. I've reserved 6/20 for now.)

Please bring something for the potluck. We'll be eating first and have the swap after lunch. (If we want 6/7, then we will have swap first, then eat)

For those of you who haven't attended a swap you may want to bring:

* plants potted and labeled.

Paper & pens ready (for notes on plants, and for future trades when the plants get large enough to divide again)

a box or wagon to put your new found treasures in

* sharpie and labels

* garden books to swap or share

* pictures of your garden

* all your empty plastic garden pots

The plants can be unloaded on the patio or lawn behind the community center.

The swap goes like this:

First, everyone goes around and give a BRIEF description of their offerings plants and other garden related objects.

Then we will begin rounds

Round one - everyone pick one plant.
Round two - pick 2 plants- but not of the same type
Round three - pick 3 plants but not of the same type

As interest wanes, people can take what ever they may like.

People need to bring all "Unclaimed" offerings home with them at the close of the swap.

We can not leave any trash at the center. I put down a $250 deposit for it.

I will send out an email to everyone that posts below with directions, etc about 10 days before the swap. Hope to see you all there!

Ying

Here is a picture of the back of the community center. If weather is good, we can sit outside to eat.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Spring Swap Date - 6/20

The date doesn't work for me.

Pauline

o

So far I'm pretty free in June, so anything is fine for us.

-Marie

o

I am available on June 20th. However, I would recommend June 7th at 12:30 p.m. as a preferred date/time.

- Adam

o

Yeah!!
The Swap is posted!! And what a beautiful location! WHEW!
Thank you Ying for hosting this springs MN GW swap!
I will be there! And I hope to have many plants and seedlings to share as well!
Pauline, if something changes in your schedule- and you are able to go- I will drive you. I have offered before- please, come if you are able.
It will be good to see you all!

Julie

o

I have it marked on my calendar! I should have some fun stuff to trade!

The only suggestion I would make is to swap first and then eat. That way those who can only make it for a short time know when the actual swap will take place. But I plan to come for the whole thing, so whatever you all decide is fine with me.

Linda

o

Please add my name to the list. Looking forward to seeing gardening friends and finding interesting plants for my gardens. I have many 2nd year ws perennials to trade.
Bobbie

o

Julie, This time it isn't a ride that is the problem. We are having a family get together at our cabin that weekend. I had hoped for Sunday so we could come home early to go.

Pauline

o

Thank you for setting this all up, it looks wonderful. I am unsure if I can make it, my husbands brothers and their families are supposed to be in town that weekend, if so I will have a house full...but they seldom keep plans so we will see. Hope to see you all soon.

Helen.

o

Dear All:

If you plan to attend, please make a note on whether you prefer 6/7 or 6/20. It looks like several people cannot make 6/20. Please let me know if 6/7 is a better date. Thanks!

Ying

o

Either date works for me.
Bobbie

o

Second note here - but to help with decisions - I like the idea of it being a bit earlier in June, so if I must decide I'd prefer June 7th!

-Marie

Can't wait!

o

Although either date works fine for me, I would prefer a little earlier in the season as well, so I wouldn't mind at all if it gets changed to June 7!

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Minnesota are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here