Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulsnowflake

HAVE: Spring Swap Date Changed to 6/7

joyfulsnowflake
14 years ago

The smell of spring is in the air! Time to get together again for another spring swap.

Where: Ying aka joyfulsnowflake's neighborhood community center in Woodbury

When : Saturday June 7th at 11:00am

We will swap first, then eat around 12:30pm. Please bring something for the potluck.

For those of you who haven't attended a swap you may want to bring:

* plants potted and labeled.

Paper & pens ready (for notes on plants, and for future trades when the plants get large enough to divide again)

a box or wagon to put your new found treasures in

* sharpie and labels

* garden books to swap or share

* pictures of your garden

* all your empty plastic garden pots

The plants can be unloaded on the patio or lawn behind the community center.

The swap goes like this:

First, everyone goes around and give a BRIEF description of their offerings plants and other garden related objects.

Then we will begin rounds

Round one - everyone pick one plant.

Round two - pick 2 plants- but not of the same type

Round three - pick 3 plants but not of the same type

As interest wanes, people can take what ever they may like.

People need to bring all "Unclaimed" offerings home with them at the close of the swap.

We can not leave any trash at the center. I put down a $250 deposit for it.

I will send out an email to everyone that posts below with directions, etc about 10 days before the swap. Hope to see you all there!

Ying

Here is a picture of the back of the community center. If weather is good, we can sit outside to eat.

The following people are confirmed to come:

Marie aka selkie_b

Adam aka adamterrie

Julie aka julie_mn

Linda aka doucanoe

Bobbie aka mnwsgal

Hope more people can come!

Comments (28)

• buncobabe2u
    14 years ago

Count me in. I can't wait.

Thanks, Mary

• zenpotter
    14 years ago

I will be there thanks for the date change.

Pauline

• mnzinnia
    14 years ago

I plan to attend.
    Anne

• lazyweeder
    14 years ago

I will attempt to be there. (my birthday again lol) I'll be 29 again.

• Julie
    14 years ago

Hey there-
    I am sorry to say that I have a conflict with this date- family plans. I will be there if my other plans fall through. I will keep you posted.
    Ying- I can bring the coffee pot to you earlier if you would like- or maybe some one else has one they could bring to the swap?
    Thanks-
    Julie

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

I'm planning on coming up. Not sure what all I'll be bringing but likely some rooted brugmansia cuttings if I haven't already committed them to trades in the meantime (Bobbie-I have your's set aside and will bring them up), japanese morning glories if I get a good germination, and some of my 'collection' of smaller plastic pots.
    Oh, and if someone wants water lettuce let me know. Its quite small but I have a bunch of it.
    Seey everyone there,
    Will

• joyfulsnowflake
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Need coffee pot - I will be the host and need to provide coffee. Can someone bring a big coffee pot? Mine makes only one cup at a time. I can bring some green tea (the "real", whole leaf kind, not the chopped up kind in a tea bag) if people are interested.

• may8
    14 years ago

Please count me in. I can bring a coffee pot. I love green tea too.

Will, please bring me one or two brugmansia cuttings. Are they very fragrant? What do you want me to bring? Raspberries? (Ha! Ha!). Someone wanted jade plant. I'll bring some. Anything else? I would love to get some fruit/berries and fragrant flowers. Anyone has gooseberries or other type of berries?

May

• joyfulsnowflake
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If anyone have garlic chives they want to get ride of, please bring to the exchange. I want them. Spring garlic chives taste the best.

I have lots of black-eyed Susan seedlings. Anyone wants them? Three years ago I asked in the forum whether they would grow from seed. My o mine, just like Julie told me, they self-seed like crazy. I have little seedlings all over the garden.

• selkie_b
    14 years ago

I have something to alert folks to - reading a calender!

June 7th is a SUNDAY not a Saturday - so is the swap Saturday the 6th or Sunday the 7th???

-Marie

• doucanoe
    14 years ago

Thanks, Marie, I was just thinking the same thing!

So is the swap Saturday June 6 or Sunday June 7????

I can bring garlic chives for you, Ying! I have a ton of them!

I also have two Annabelle Hydrangeas and can probably divide a couple of my named daylilies if anyone would like them.

Linda

• sandysgardens
    14 years ago

Linda

I've never had a Hydrangea before and would love one of your Annabelles' if possible.

I too was thinking about the date being Sat or Sun. Hoping it's Sat so have the rest of the weekend to plant my new treasures!

Sandy

• zenpotter
    14 years ago

I can't believe it. There is very little chance that I can make it. I am having a total knee replacement on May 21st.

Pauline

• joyfulsnowflake
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The date is 6/7, which is a Sunday. I hope it doesn't mean people cannot make it. 6/20, which is a Saturday, is still available. Should I change it back to 6/20?

• tammymn
    14 years ago

Count me in. Say Julie if you can will you remind me so I don't forget? Thanks Tammy

• selkie_b
    14 years ago

I can make it either day Sat or Sun, but the 20th is now out.

-Marie

• doucanoe
    14 years ago

I plan to be there on Sunday June 7. May have a friend in tow as well.....

Linda

• adamterrie
    14 years ago

Sunday, June 7th works for me (and is actually preferred - since I am scheduled to work on the 6th and was some how going to have to weezle my way out of it). I'll see yah all on the 7th.

I just dug up a whole lotta stuff this last weekend. For those who say they are going to put in a perennial/flower bed so that they can avoid the work of mowing, vastly under estimate the amount of work necessary to maintain a good flower bed. Dang - I'm sore this morning from all the work put into the gardens over the weekend. It sure is rewarding though . .

- Adam

• tammymn
    14 years ago

I would keep the date as Sunday June 7th. Maybe someone can post it on the forum page as well. It did take me awhile to figure out how to find exchanges and maybe we can attract some new gardners.

• zenpotter
    14 years ago

Put me down as a question mark. It all depends on how fast I heal. I have a surgery follow up appointment on June 4th.

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

Does anyone want bluebells? If not, I will take them to the Plymouth swap on June 1st.

• sandysgardens
    14 years ago

I've got Sunday the 7th on the calendar. Have a few plants dug up already and will continue to dig as time permits.

Will - my source might not be able to get me my annual supply of water lettuce. If yours is not all asked for I wouldn't mind a few.

I am going to be splitting some of my Umbrella Water Palms next week. If anyone wants a clump or two let me know.

Ying - if something comes up that I can't make it I'll let you know.

Sandy

• tammymn
    14 years ago

If you are talking Virgina Blue Bells would love to have another one. I only have one plant and they have not re-seeded or muliplied. Is anyone looking for anything special I should dig up?

• joyfulsnowflake
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've sent directions to the following people. Please let me know if I missed anyone, or if you don't receive it.

Bobbie
    Julie
    Will
    May
    Mary
    Marie
    Pauline
    Adam
    Dave
    Sandy
    Tammy
    Linda
    Anne

• heleninramsey
    14 years ago

I can't make it, but I will be thinking of you all.

Helen.

• lazyweeder
    14 years ago

Looks like I'll be there. The swap is on my birthday again!

• twohuskies
    14 years ago

I will be there.

mnwsgal - if you still have more bluebells I'd love some too!

• may8
    14 years ago

My coffee pot started to leak, can someone else bring one? Mine is 12-cup only anyway.

Sponsored