Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Plume Poppy

Posted by cariboucrush zone 4-MN (My Page) on
Mon, May 11, 09 at 20:11

My plume poppy didn't make it through the winter and I'm unable to find it an any nurseries in the St. Cloud area. I'd be grateful if anyone who has it would be willing to share. Thank you! Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Plume Poppy

Are you sure it didn't make it? Plume poppy can be rather late to emerge in the spring. I'd give it another week or so, unless you have already dug it up and discovered a dead pile of roots (every gardener's nightmare). I may have some extras to share. I still need to wait and see if any new little guys pop up around my mother plants - which plume poppy is notorious for. I'm sure you will get some responses from other's on GW, who have plenty to go around. I have a whole heck of a lot of woodland poppies, if you want any of those also??

- Adam

o

Thanks, Adam. I'll wait it out a little longer to see if it comes back. I may be just a bit impatient. Mary

o

Mine only just showed itself this week!

-Marie

o

Mine showed up and so did some babies...I think. You're welcome to them if they develope and yours does not.

Helen.

o

I'll be bringing several pots up to the spring swap. It decided to go a'ramblin and my spade and I are going to have a 'serious' conversation with it my next day off.
I sunk a big nursery tub in another section of the garden and will transplant the larger sections. Be careful where you locate it.
Will

o

If you're willing to come to Plymouth, I'll share some with you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Minnesota are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here