Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
selkie_b

HAVE: Many Thanks!

selkie_b
14 years ago

Thank you Ying!

Even though the wind blew a deep bone-chill it was a great swap! So convenient and it looked like pretty much everything went to happy homes.

Lots of fun!

-Marie

Comments (7)

• doucanoe
    14 years ago

Yes, I'd like to thank you too, Ying! In spite of the cold, it was a very successful swap, and you are a very gracious hostess!

The plants were great, the food was abundant and delicious and the company was wonderful, as always!

I posted the Mexican Salad recipe instead of trying to e-mail it thru GW to individuals. I am on dial-up here in the sticks, so it was just faster to post it.

Linda

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

Thanks to Ying for hosting the swap and to all of you bringing a good selection of plants from which to choose for my gardens. Also enjoyed the good food and conversations.

• buncobabe2u
    14 years ago

Thanks Ying for hosting. It was another fun swap and so convenient to be able to park, place your plants behind your car and load up your new found treasures and then go inside to warm up and eat. I brought home one of your Mom's Peace Lillies, May's raspberries, Linda's hostas, Marie's rose, Tammy's vegies, Will's Dahlia's and many other perennials that I can't wait to get either potted up or put in the ground.

Linda thanks for posting your salad recipe it was yummy.

Mary

• lazyweeder
    14 years ago

Thanks Ying! Had a great time at the swap. I'm still trying to decide if I go to the swaps for the plants or food. I couldn't even eat birthday cake when I got home.lol

• may8
    14 years ago

Ying, thank you very much for hosting! Even though the weather was not cooperating, it was a very good swap. Please thank your parents for bring me the plants too. They were very thoughtful. It was very nice seeing them again. Will, thank you for bring the brug, etc. Thank you everyone else for your wonderful plants. It was so nice to see every one again. Dave, hope you had a happy birthday. I don't see why you couldn't go for both the plants and the food. I'll add more: the company, learning and exchanging ideas about gardening, etc. As in the past, I brought home too many plants again. Putting the plants behind cars was so convenient. We should do it more often. Wonder where else, besides having access to community centers, can we do that.

• joyfulsnowflake
    14 years ago

Great to have you guys. I'd see the weather somewhat cooperated, because it rained all day on both Saturday and Monday, but stopped for us on Sunday. If you all like the facility, I'd be happy to host again next time. I rarely use the facility and this event makes me feel the monthly fee I pay is well spent. :)

Linda, thank you for the Mexican Salad recipe. It was delicious. I am sure it will impress my next guests.

The plant selection was diverse and interesting; the food was yummy, and the company was lots of fun! Thank you everyone for a great time. If anyone have taken pictures, can you share?

• mantorvillain
    14 years ago

Yes, thanks Ying. It was a great day despite a somewhat less than springy weather. When the parent plants bloom I'll post the names of the unknown brugmansia cuttings some of you picked up.
    Will

Sponsored