zenpotter

HAVE: fall swap in minneapolis

zenpotter
17 years ago

Date: Sept 10, 2006

Time: Noon

Place: My home in South Mpls near Lake Nokomis, exact address will come to

you via e-mail.

Pot luck to follow the swap, start thinking now what you will bring to share, I love pot lucks. If you want to come at 11:30 to look around you are welcome, you may even be able to help me id some of my plants. You can arrive at

11:00 if you want to id plants (I do know a lot of them just not all.)

PLEASE e-mail me to let me know you will be coming and I will send you directions and more information 2 weeks before the swap.

Pauline (Zenpotter)

p.s. I will print out the suggestions that were made after the spring swap and let you know ahead of time how the swap will go.

Comments (19)

• may8
    17 years ago

Hi Pauline, please count me in. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

It's on my calendar.
    Pauline you have mail.....

Linda

• Julie
    17 years ago

Hey there Zen-
    I will do my best to be there-
    Please let me know what I can to do help!

Julie

• stpaulite
    17 years ago

I'd love to come.

Johnine

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have your responses in a file and will send details late in August.

Pauline

• jel48
    17 years ago

Hi Pauline. I can't be positive this far in advance (although I guess it's only 6 weeks now :-), but I'm sure going to try to make it. Please put me on your list.

• meeperx
    17 years ago

Hi Pauline,

Please add me to the list.

• buncobabe2u
    17 years ago

Can a newbie to the forum join the swap???

Mary

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

you sure can, Mary. Just send Pauline (zenpotter) an e-mail so she gets you on the list!

Linda

• buncobabe2u
    17 years ago

Thanks Linda. I sent Pauline an E-mail. I've never done a swap, so I'm hoping to get lots of advice from all of you.

Mary

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mary,
    I am checking in. When you sent in your first inquiry I did a reply to your address. Did you get it? I have been doing that for everyone that has written I hope that people have been getting the replies. IF not I had better just reply to the thread.

Pauline

• leaveswave
    17 years ago

I'm interested. Anyone want to arrange some trades?

My plant list

• buncobabe2u
    17 years ago

Pauline,
    Sorry I'm so slow. I received it and sent a reply back.

Mary

• mantorvillain
    17 years ago

I won't make this one due to being very involved in Marigold Days that weekend - darn for not being there but fun with our festival. I'm rooting a number of brugmansia cuttings for the sou. mn swap the following week so if anyone wants to make a claim maybe someone can pick it up for you. Wish I could be there...........but if you'r done digging by Sat B4 and would like a break, come on down to Mantorville. My house is right by the soundstage and I'd love to talk gardening. Will

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I will be on vacation until the 21st. When I get back I will send out the details.

Pauline

• leftwood
    17 years ago

I will not be able to make it (neither date was good) as the 10th is the same date as the Minnesota Rock Garden Society meeting in which I am heavily involved. But . . .

I do plan on dropping of some goodies a day before. Not sure what all yet, but it will include lily bulblets or bulbs of these possible varieties:

Avignon
    L. davidii wilmontii
    Pisa
    L. speciosum rubrum
    Soireé
    Sunday Dress
    Shirley
    Sweet Surrender
    Tiger Babies
    Unknown name-yellow recurved petals, maroon spots, pollenless. Does well in shadier spots.

I can dig pieces of Flamingo and Klein Fontaine Maidenhair grass (Miscanthus). Let me know.
    Also if anyone would like pieces of Hosta 'Aphrodite', 'Scepter', or Hosta clausa var. clausa, let me know too. Clausa is very stoloniferous and makes a good groundcover, but is not good in the perennial garden as it will spread all among your other perennials.

Rick

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Count me in for the swap.

thanks bunches
    char

• rdubow
    17 years ago

I am new to this garden web! I just ran across this swap and am VERY interested! What do I bring (for the plant part!)I have a ton of verigated hostas, shasta daisys, ladies mantle, salvia, and many others! Fill me in please I live in Richfield!
    Becca

• buncobabe2u
    17 years ago

Becca,
    Send Pauline (Zenpotter@tcq.net))an E-mail and she will E-mail you with the details. I'm new to this forum also and I was allowed to join in the fun.

I would love to swap for some of your shasta daisy's

Thanks,
    Mary (Mary4shop@yahoo.com)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm