Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carmellia_gw

HAVE: Daylilies

carmellia
15 years ago

HAVE and WANT - Would anyone be interested in doing some daylily swapping in the fall?

I have some that desparately need dividing.

Buffy's Doll

Too Marvelous

Song Sparrow

Dream Baby

Wayside Lavender Frills

Golden Peace

Lullabye Baby

I have some absolutely gorgeous ones that I cannot name. If you are okay with "unnamed" daylilies, I have a beautiful maroon that is so dark it seems to suck the daylight right into it. I also have a yellow that is brown on the back of the petals. I've seen lilies like that before, but this is the only daylily I have ever seen that has a brown outside.

Between the daylilies and the lilies, I am weighted towards the yellow and orange end of the color spectrum. I would love a pure white, purple or something with purple on it, rosy pink, lavender, or red. Well, almost anything, really. Carmellia

Comments (12)

• heleninramsey
    15 years ago

I do not know the names of many of my daylilies, many came to me from friends and such...but I will be doing some division this fall as well. I have a really prolific mauvy purple that multiplies like crazy, and a nice light pink that would get you out of the yellow orange thing, I do have a number of those too. I have a real nice big red that I may divide too. I will check back in the fall.

Helen.

• carmellia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Helen, that mauvy purple sounds like it is just what I'm looking for.

Can you post pictures? I am researching digital cameras right now. I don't want another summer to go by without being able to make some record of my beautiful flowers. Also, I would love to be able to post some of them here. I enjoy so much seeing the gardens and blossoms shared by other members. Carmellia

• heleninramsey
    15 years ago

I will do that...may take a day or two...Helen.

• carmellia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That would be great. I'd love to see the big red one too.

I am hoping to be able to post some photos by next week. I have narrowed my digital camera search to Canon. My old camera is a Canon and I understand that usually the lenses from the old camera will fit the digital if they are the same brand.

Let me know if there are colors that you would be most interested in. Have a great weekend. Carmellia

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

I will have lots of daylilies to share this fall. A few that are unnamed, but several named varieties that I'll need to divide.

Raspberry Pixie
    David Kirchhoff
    Prairie Blue Eyes
    Ruffled Apricot
    Scarlet Orbit
    Evening Enchantment
    Nefertiti
    Frans Hals
    Stella D'Oro

unnamed:
    peach/pink, 3" blooms
    pale peach/ivory, 3-4" blooms
    red with yellow throat, 5" blooms

Possibly some Wayside King Royal, Mary's Gold, Fairytale Pink, Razzmatazz, and maybe some others, too.

Linda

• carmellia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Linda, I did a quick search through Hortiplex to see how many of those daylilies I could take a peek at, and I really had good luck.

Nefertiti wasn't there. David Kirchhoff was there (twice, in fact). It was there once as David Kirchhoff and once as Siloam David Kirchhoff. They are both very pretty, but very different. The Siloam designation seems to refer to an eye pattern of a contrasting color. The other Kirchhoff was a beautiful thing with a contrasting yellow ruffled edge. Which Kirchhoff is you have?

I definitely had some favorites in your list. The ruffled Kirchoff, for one. And Scarlet Orbit (maybe the prettiest red daylily I've seen), Evening Enchantment (gorgeous, deep color), and Frans Hals, which I loved. I have nothing even remotely like it. I would love to have some of all four or any of the four, depending on how much you have and now many of mine are to your liking.

I just bought a digital camera yesterday. So, I am going to do some practicing and then try posting some photos here so you can see what my offerings look like. I hope Golden Peace shows up as good in a picture as it does in person.

It appears that among the bunch of us, we may be able to get a really nice daylily exchange going. Carmellia

• tammymn
    15 years ago

I have 280 daylilies and will be dividing for the fall GW swap. Linda can you save me an evening enchatment. I would also be interested in wayside lavender frills. Just name colors your interested in and I will check possibilites for you unless you want to go through my list. Tammy

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

Carmellia, my "David Kirchhoff" is not the Siloam variety. Here is a photo of it. This was taken last year, it's first year blooming for me. It's nice, but entirely different than what the tag pictured!

(you can click on any of these images to make them larger...)

{{gwi:1043529}}

Nefertiti is one of my favorites, and it was one of the first I planted when we moved to this house.

{{gwi:935487}}

Here are some of the others from my gardens:

Unknown Yellow almost spider-like. Huge flowers!

{{gwi:1043530}}

Scarlet Orbit. I agree, one of the prettiest reds I have.

{{gwi:935485}}

Patricia Fay
    {{gwi:935489}}

Wayside Painted Lady. Of all my DL's, I love this one the most!

{{gwi:1043531}}

Fairytale Pink. Love, love, love this one!

Mary's Gold, the brightest yellow I have ever seen and huge flower!

{{gwi:935492}}

Ruffled Apricot, another with a huge flower.

{{gwi:1043534}}

Wayside King Royal

{{gwi:1043535}}

I think most of these can be divided, I'll have to see how they look in a month or so.

Linda

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

Forgot to add....

Tammy, yes, I think I can divide a fan or two from Evening Enchantent for you. I'll make a note, but remind me, too, okay?

Carmellia, I would LOVE some of your Wayside Lavender Frills. That one is on my "gotta have" list! Let me know what you would like in trade.

Also, thanks for posting your Lullaby Baby, I searched hortiplex for it and I finally think I am able to positively ID one of my early DL's that I had forgotten the name of!

{{gwi:935490}}

Do you agree? And the name rings a faint bell with me also....

Linda

• heleninramsey
    15 years ago

Linda,

Great daylilies! I adore the spider types and if you are planning to divide that yellow (almost spider) I have a number of nice plants you might like too. I have a red spider with a yellow throat that would show real nice with the yellow...It is my only spider so far, they seem hard to find.

Or if there are any other colors you are lacking, I am heavy in the orange, red, and yellow types.

I can not figure out how you were able to post the pictures, so I will have to set up a link later.

Helen.

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

Thanks, Helen!

As far as pictures, I download mine onto Picturetrail.com. Then you can just copy a clickable link and wah-lah!

I can easily divide the large yellow daylily for you. It's a huge clump.

Linda

• heleninramsey
    15 years ago

That would be wondeful...I took pictures of most of my daylilies this week so that I could have them with the clumps in the fall so people knew what they were (since most lack names, they have them I have just forgotten them). This morning, I figured I better get out and mark them, or I won't know which goes with which picture rendering the pictures useless...LOL. Helen.

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus