Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carmellia_gw

have: some details for southern mn swap

carmellia
17 years ago

The Southern MN Swap will be held on September 23rd (Saturday) at 609 Forest Street, Kenyon MN. Mark your calendars! By 10:00 a.m. Gaillardia and I (or at least one of us) should be presentable for anyone to show up, so please feel free to arrive any time after that.

The Swap will begin at 12:00 Noon, and we will have a potluck lunch whenever the swaping is done. We will have hot dogs and buns and all the fixings. There will be coffee, both regular and decaf, from 10:00 a.m. on. We will also furnish ice, cups, plates and tableware. If everyone who plans to attend could post what they think they will be bringing for the potluck, it will probably help us all make sure we have a good variety. If it isn't going to work for you to be able to bring food, that's okay too. There is always PLENTy to eat.

With many people coming from a great distance, it will probably work best to do the "rounds" type swap, to make sure there is a good selection available for everyone, even those who arrive last. So, with the helpful suggestions of Lazyweeder, here is the way we plan to operate the exchange:

1) Label your plants with their names and whatever planting instructions (i.e. shade or full sun) you think is necessary. It would be nice if people would add their own user name to their label so we can contact each other afterwards if we have more questions. Dont forget to keep your pre-arranged swap plants separate from everything else.

2) When you get to the swap, put your plants out for display and everyone can take a look around at what is available when they arrive. This would probably be a good time for those with pre-arranged swaps to complete those.

3) At noon, everyone will take turns giving a brief description of what they brought, and then we will take a little time to look over the plants and make our plans for what we want most.

4) First round everyone picks One plant of their choice. Then there will be a Second, Third, and Fourth round where everyone picks out Three plants of their choice. After that, everyone will just grab whatever they want.

This is a good time to update your trade list, both what you have and what you want.

Confirmation of the final details and detailed directions on how to get to 609 Forest Street, Kenyon, will be sent to each of you 2 weeks before the swap. If you dont receive the instructions 2 weeks before the swap, PLEASE let me know. I don't want to miss anybody.

As I mentioned previously, anyone who would care to pitch a tent or park their RV in my yard overnight is welcome to do so. I don't have hook ups, of course, but I'm sure I can help you with whatever you need to be comfy.

Anyone with questions or suggestions or who notices that I missed something, speak up. This is everybody's swap and we want it to work out so that everyone is happy. Carmellia

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH