Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lazyweeder

HAVE: Have Fall Swap Sept 15th in Woodbury

lazyweeder
16 years ago

The Fall Swap will be at TammyMN's home in Woodbury. If you've already posted in the other posting you will get the details emailed to you about 10 days before the swap. If you haven't please post below. The date and time haven't changed just the location.

Saturday Sept 15th at 11:00am. We will start the first rounds at 11:45 and have a potluck after.

Please bring something for the potluck. Coffee and pop will be provided. We'll be eating first and have the swap after lunch.

For those of you who haven't attended a swap you may want to bring:

* plants potted and labelled

Paper & pens ready (for notes on plants, and for future trades when the plants get large enough to divide again)

a box or wagon to put your new found treasures in

* sharpie and labels

* garden books to swap or share

* pictures of your garden

* all your empty plastic garden pots

I will send out an email to everyone that posts below with directions, etc about 10 days before the swap.

Comments (23)

• joyfulsnowflake
    16 years ago

I would like to attend. However, since I am a new gardener, I don't have any plant to share. All my plants are still too small to be divided. I can bring lots of food, and I will be happy just to look at your garden and take whatever is left from the swap.

Ying

• selkie_b
    16 years ago

Tammy,

You still up to grabbing some stuff from my place the Friday eve before? My dad's birthday party is that Saturday for certain, so I won't make this swap. Or anyone else? It'd be appreciated, just some iris this time, I won't have time to mess with much else.

-Marie

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Ying,

Don't let your plant shortage stop you from attending the swap. You can bring garden related magazines, books, the black plastic pots your plants come in, labels, and anything else garden related you can think of. Some people will pick up a special item or 2 at the local greenhouse to bring to the swap. Lots of food works too.

Dave

• Julie
    16 years ago

Hey there-
    I think I may be able to make it- if the swapping rounds are first- I won't be able to stay for the pot luck- sorry - I will miss socializing!! I am having a large get together at my house in the afternoon and time will be very tight!
    So Dave, the rounds start first- and pot luck after- correct? It is written both ways above....
    I will have plants there though- either way!
    Julie

• zenpotter
    16 years ago

I won't make the swap, but hope to bring some things ahead of time. It depends on how far the drive is.

Pauline

• cleocrafta
    16 years ago

My daughter & I are excited to attend our first plant swap. We've potted & labeled- ready to share. Thank you.

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

AWW CRUD! I got scheduled to work 8am-12 noon the 15th! I really wanted to be there, but I guess that ain't gonna happen. Tammy, I was looking forward to seeing your place, too!

Sorry guys...have fun without me! I have Black-eyed Stella D'Oro, Helianthus Lorraine Sunshine, Dicentra Alba, and some unnamed hosta all potted up and ready to go. If anyone is interested in these, I will do my best to make arrangements to get them there or make private trades on the side....

Linda

• sureturtle
    16 years ago

Hi, Tammy, I would like to attend. Please email me. Thanks.

• mnwsgal
    16 years ago

Please include me when sending out the swap information.
    Bobbie

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for pointing that out Julie lol. That's what I get for doing a copy and paste. Yes the swap is first. We'll get together at 11am and start the swap at 11:45 with the potluck to follow.

• jel48
    16 years ago

I had planned to be at the fall swap, but I think that now I'm going to be moving that weekend! I'm closing on a house in Rochester on the 5th and thought I'd be moved sooner, but now find that I can't get any more then 1 day off at a time until the week following the 15th so I'm going to have to make good use of it then. I'll spend the 2 single days before then planting hostas and other plants at the new place so they can get settled in before winter. I'll miss seeing all of you and will be looking forward to the Winter Blues seed swap!

• Julie
    16 years ago

Oh Joyce!!!
    I don't know if I am happy for you and your new house- or sad because of leaving all of your hard earned, beautiful gardens....
    Don't feel as if you are having to start over empty handed! Come on over for a shovel tour when you get you new beds ready next spring!
    We will miss you- and congratulations on the new place!
    Julie

• jel48
    16 years ago

Hey Julie, you can be both... happy and sad, 'cause I'm both. I won't miss out on fall planting, because I have about 40 hostas in pots, just waiting to go in the ground. Sure hope I'm in time! And I'd love to take you up on the offer or the shovel tour :-) Joyce

• Julie
    16 years ago

Don't forget those beautiful new iris- and the hardy roses- and the baby shrubs and the loncera and the rest of it too!!
    Maybe one of your neighbors there will "hold" some of your treasures over the winter for a slip or two....

• may8
    16 years ago

Hi Tammy, please count me in. I hope I can receive your email for directions. Marie, you are quite close to me. I am pretty sure I can make it. I am glad to swap for you.

It would be nice to post what we want and what we don't want to avoid left over plants and stuff. I'll be bring pots, raspberries, pink lily-of-the-valley, Sobet peonies, snow-on-the mountain, jade plant (house plant) and orange daylilies. Please let me know if you want them. If not, I'll bring what you want. Please see my trade list.

May

• adamterrie
    16 years ago

Count me in for the swap next weekend. . . directions please. . .

May - at most swaps that I attend, there are no "left overs," because I have a tendency to "adopt" all the remaining plants. So far, I have been able to find homes for all the plants in my ever-growing flower beds. In a couple years or so I may be in trouble, but for now, I welcome just about anything. Thus, all your aforementioned plants would be very welcomed at the swap, even the infamous perpetually spreading snow-on-the mountain (which I have been wanting).

- Adam

• may8
    16 years ago

Hi Adam:

Glad that you will be coming. Your dahlias look beautiful this year, maybe because we had been having more sun than rain. If someone is interested, I can bring one too. As for me I would like blue berries, blackberries, gooseberries and hardy green onions. Like you, I tend to take too much home. Unfortunately, I do not have too many sunny spots. Flower plants for dry, shady or part shady places will be good too. The snow=on-the mountain will spread like mad in a wet spot but quite slow in dry places, expecially sunny ones.

Tammy, I have not gotten directions yet. Hope you can successfully email me. I Look forward to seeing everyone!
    May

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just sent the directions to everyone who has posted so far. Still time to join in on the fun just post below.

• gamebird
    16 years ago

Please send me directions if you get this in time. I don't have anything to swap except flower seeds, but I have plenty of those. Mostly I'd like to finally attend a swap since it looks like I'll have the time tomorrow and Woodbury is just down the road.

Oh, I could bring my seed envelopes too. Office Max only offered the envelopes in 500 count and I don't need even a 100. I'm sure other people are in my position, wanting little envelopes to store seeds in.

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just sent the info to you gamebird. Anyone else?

• gamebird
    16 years ago

I'm looking and I'm not seeing the email, lazyweeder. My address is game_bird at hotmail.com. I have another one: marybaker at hotmail.com.

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    16 years ago

gamebird check your bulk or junk mail folder...sent another to both addresses. Email me your phone number if you didn't get it. I'm leaving around 8am.

• gamebird
    16 years ago

Thank you. I got the email at 3:50 am, or at least that's the time tag on it. I really appreciate that you took the time to send it again, but I can't make it this time.

Sponsored