Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
selkie_b

HAVE: Thanks!

selkie_b
18 years ago

Thanks Julie! Had a wonderful time and it was so great to finally get to see your place! Hope we can get together again sometime during the lovely autumn.

-Marie

Comments (12)

• suzinnia
    18 years ago

Hi Julie, dear garden bud, hostess with the mostest!
    I'll second Marie's thanks to you for hosting.
    It was swell to see ya'll again, and to have a chance to meet some new peeps too!
    Just when you're pretty sure that you really won't be looking for much plantwise to bring back, wham....green stuff attaches itsself to ya.....it's a real and present danger! I feel like poo bear with his head stuck in the honeypot going "mmmmmmmmm" and digging in the dirt!
    as usual, the best of times!

Suzy

• leftwood
    18 years ago

Ditto. Thanks Julie!

Wham! I hear ya, Suz!

Rick

• selkie_b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

*LAUGH* my shade gardens are all weeded out now and everything... I seem to hear hmmm... bees! Hmmm... isn't it nice inside this pot? mmmm honey....

-Marie

• jel48
    18 years ago

Oh yes... will post pics soon, but planting comes first!

• Julie
    18 years ago

Thank you too for the great afternoon! It was wonderfull to see old friends and meet new ones as well!
    We did enjoy having you over- please feel free to come again as you are able- I am always willing to share what I can!
    If you saw something growing here that you would like some of- please drop me a note and we can work out the delivery or pick-up times. I may not remember who wanted what with out a seperate note, I was a bit distracted....
    Thank you Jan/Dentabow for your bountiful and varried contributions to the swap. I saw many delighted smiles as Rick offered your plants to those here. I do wish you could have made it though- maybe another time.
    Suzy and I delivered Zenpotters care package today- she was very pleased with it! Thank you for bringing Pauline's plants here and giving me a reason to visit!
    It is hard to believe it will be another 8 months or so before we meet for another MN GW plant swap... Thank goodness we have the Winter Blues Seed Swap in January to look forward to!
    Thanks again for the great afternoon- and all the special treasures it held-
    Julie

• lazyweeder
    18 years ago

Julie,
    Thanks for a wonderful day!

Just when you think your done for the season the fall swaps come along. I too feel like Pooh with his head in a honey pot with all the new treasures I brought home. Thanks garden buds.

Dave

• suzinnia
    18 years ago

Joyce,
    I was thinking that you would soon be posting your world famous pics again. Its a great way to "be at the swap", even if you couldn't be at the swap!
    I only have one wish, that you could somehow find a lense that would make butts look littler!
    Suz

• zenpotter
    18 years ago

Julie and Suzy so kindly brought my plants to me that you kind people sent. Thanks so very much. It was fun to share some plants out of my garden with them. If I promised you some plants and you still want them let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Pauline

• lynnsherbs
    18 years ago

Yes, Julie, many thanks - Caroline enjoyed climbing in your trees! We really enjoyed seeing everyone, and spent a happy, hot Sunday planting everything.

Julie - I do have one request - the receipe for the great taco casserole that you served, ymmmm. And, if I didn't tell you, I love your planters and landscaping - terrific!

Thanks to everyone for all the treasures.

Lynn

• doucanoe
    18 years ago

Yep, it was a VERY good swap, lots of fun to visit with everyone again! Thanks Julie, you truly are a super hostess!

Thanks everyone for sharing, I had intended to go home with far less than I did, but this will keep me very busy!

Linda

• may8
    18 years ago

Wow, you guys have been busy! I have not been online since the swap. Julie, thank you very much for hosting such a great party! You have such a neat and beautiful garden! It was really a treat to meet so many nice people and brought home so many great plants. Thank you Julie, Lynn, Rick, Joyce, Linda, Dave and Suzy for being so generous and working so hard to bring me plants. Thank you everyone else for bringing your beautiful plants to the swap. Marie, it's great to meet you and your husband (Dave?). Since we live so close, let's get together soon and chat about gardening. Suzy, we should do the same too.

I am not done with planting yet. I still have to find out what some of the plants are and where (sun? shade?) to plant them.

• Julie
    18 years ago

Hey there Lynn-
    I use that casserole as my ever-ready at a moments notice feed any one dish. It almost all comes out of cans- and has yet to turn out "Bad".
    I always use;
    Tomatoe soup, Salsa (1/2 of the soup can?), Chili powder (1T?), Cumin (1t?), garlic (1/2t? to maybe a pinch-), oregano (pinch), corn chips (stale ones are good too!), Creamed corn, cheese, beans (rinsed and drained black beans are best), and canned chicken (although any meat or none would do too).
    Great additions are;
    Diced green chillies, olives, peppers, toms, onions, chipotle ground powder or canned- what ever sounds good-
    I mix the soup with the salsa and spices and start layering- chips- meat- sauce- cheese- chips- beans- corn- meat - sauce - cheese - I usually finish with chips- cheese and any remaining sauce. It does need to be sort of wet- as the chips will soak up a lot of moisture- I will usually add the liquid from the canned ingredients as well- I like it best baked til heated through- although it will work just fine in the microwave as well.
    I will cook this when I don't feel like cooking too- you just dump it all together and go.-
    I hope this is an easy to follow recipe- Lord knows it isn't exact!
    Enjoy!
    Julie

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor