Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

WANTED: Southern Minnesota Spring Swap - my house in Owatonna

jel48
17 years ago

Now that Carmellia has been brave enough to try a swap down here in our southern Minnesota (more tropical) area, I'd like to offer my home in Owatonna for a swap next spring. I think, from the size of the group today, that it looks like we can support a So. MN swap a couple of times a year, as well as the traditional swap in the twin cities area.

Please think about coming :-)

Comments (15)

• luvmydaisies
    17 years ago

I know that I will be there...I am sure by next spring my daylilies will be big enough to share!

• carmellia
    17 years ago

I will certainly be there. I know Gaillardia will be too. She noticed as she was digging for last Saturday's swap that many of the things she wanted to bring were recommended as Spring transplants.

A swap is a great thing to look forward to over the long cold lonely winter. Carmellia

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

I can come if it is not on a Saturday! LOL

Linda

• buncobabe2u
    17 years ago

Count me in!! I am a newcomer and attended my first 2 Swap's this year. My first swap was at Pauline's house (what a blast even in the rain) and then a week later attended my second swap in Plymouth the City organized. The swaps are so much fun, I'm hooked.

Mary

• Julie
    17 years ago

Hey- I wanna come!!
    Did you pick a day yet??

Julie

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

I am watching for the date as well the one in Cambridge may not work out for me.

Pauline

• jel48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, now that the farm auction date is set (unfortunately same date as the Swap at Linda's house), I can think about dates. Late May (possibly Memorial weekend) is too early I think, but please offer your thoughts. In June, I could do either Saturday or Sunday on the weeks of June 2nd/3rd or June 16th/17th. Or I could handle either day the weekend of July 7th/8th, but that might be getting late.

What do you all think? Let's plan on choosing the one that the most people can attend.

• lazyweeder
    16 years ago

Either June date works for me.

• Julie
    16 years ago

I think what ever day you pick would work well for me-

Julie

• pumpkinpatch
    16 years ago

Im fairly new to the forum and live close to Owatonna, June 2/3 would work for me, I have not been to a swap before so Im not sure how it all works, I will probably bring my mom too, she has alot of plants, I am just getting started!! I will talk to her and see if I can get a list together of what we would have to trade!

• luvmydaisies
    16 years ago

June 2nd Will not work for me~ unless we do it in the afternoon. I have to work until noon. So after 1:00 would be ok.
    Atica

• jel48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

June 3rd it is! 11 am until ?????

I think we've got enough interest to make up a nice group for the swap. As well as those of you who've already indicated an interest, I have a neighbor or two planning to come, and (of course) hope that some of the other regulars from down this way just haven't seen the posting yet and will plan on being here. I may even email a reminder to a few of them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sign up for Owatonna Swap - June 3rd

• adamterrie
    16 years ago

I am planning on going to the Owatonna swap and either June weekend would work for me. I would prefer the earlier of the two weekends - but it does not matter.

The two twin cities swaps that I attended last year were wonderful experiences and greatly facilitated my ability to obtain a lot of different plants/flowers to "beautify" my lawn.

Unfortunately, I have a planned fishing trip up North with my father and brothers on the weekend of the Cambridge swap, and will not be able to attend said swap.

- Adam

• jel48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Adam. I just emailed you a map and address and phone information for the swap! Hope to see you there :-) Joyce

• jel48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just emailed everyone else who posted here saying that they wanted to come... So, please expect an email Atica, Carmellia, Dave, Julie, Linda, Mary, and pumpkinpatch. If any of you don't get the email, let me know. I 'think' I got all of your email addresses right.

Pauline, what about you? Have you decided whether you can make it down?

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs