Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lonemuchow

HAVE: blinds

lonemuchow
18 years ago

I'm getting new windows in the whole house and the blinds won't work anymore, I have lots of white blinds for the taking if anyone is interested and actually a large wooden curtain rod with wooden rings and insulated curtains too, let me know if you would like to come up here and get them, they are all FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Lone

Comments (15)

• leaveswave
    18 years ago

Lone, you might get a better response on a forum whose purpose is to get rid of general Stuff, rather than seeds/plants, such as twin cities free cycle.

• leftwood
    18 years ago

I guess not everyone knows the common and efficient use of cut blinds as labeling markers.

I think this is a very appropriate use of our exchange page, and is a wonderful courtesy to fellow Minnesotans. Since they are only available to locals, this local forum is the place.

But an idea of where the location of pick up might be useful.

Rick

• lonemuchow
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Rick, I live in Zimmerman, so that's where people would have to pick them up, I could use some of them for markers, but I would still have enough for the next century, I have blinds on all 14 windows, so that would be a lot of markers,LOL.
    I had good luck with the desk and some orchids that I was giving away, and I did look under twin cities freecycle, and it seemd to me that alot of the post where old, so I don't know how much business they get here, Well if I dont have any luck here, they will have to go to the landfill, but I thought that was a shame since they all are nice blinds, maybe with a little dust on them.
    Lone

• jel48
    18 years ago

Hi Lone, any chance you could mail slats from the blinds if I'd send postage? I think you could just cut off the metal attachment at the top pretty easily and mail the rest. Understand if you don't want to do the extra work, but I'd sure hate to see them all end up in the landfill too, but you're a little too far for me to make the drive for them.

• sandysgardens
    18 years ago

Lone

Do you ever come down to the Elk River area or so? I live in Champlin & could meet you somewhere if you ever make a trip this way. I would love to be able to get them and share with the others here on MN GW. I brought a bunch of blind/markers to last years Jan seed swap and they were gobbled up.

Joyce - mailing them would be spendy even if taken apart. Let's see if there will be a time this fall/winter for me to meet up with Lone.

Sandy

• lonemuchow
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sandy, do you know where Zimmerman is? I'm the next town north of Elk River , so we are pretty close, have you ever visited Lynn (lynns herbs) I'm 5 min from her. Do you plan on taking all of them , like I said there are plenty....
    LMK
    Lone

• jel48
    18 years ago

Thanks Sandy, will wait and see how things work out :-)

• sandysgardens
    18 years ago

Lone - Send me an email with your contact info. I know exactly where Zimmerman is. Let's see if we can work something out that we can get some blinds in the hands of Joyce and any others who wish to have some. John will be more than happy to cut them into markers too. The big saw does a quick job.

Later
    Sandy

• leftwood
    18 years ago

Sandy's right. There can never be too many. Distribution is the blocker. But at the seed swap, we'd use every one.

• Julie
    18 years ago

Yup-
    And Maybe we can work together to find a way to distribute seeds and such- from and to out of towners who would like to participate in the MN forum seed swap- but just couldn't make the trip.....
    Maybe every one who couldn't make it to the swap- but still wants to participate- could send in seeds or what have you- as well as a wish list and return postage in a bubble mailer- and then those who come to the swap- can choose to adopt an out of towner GWer. The swap goer could select seeds for themselves as well as their "adopted" buddy by selecting off of the wish list sent in .....
    How does this sound........
    I better start over in a new post....
    Send any comments over there please....
    Julie

• zenpotter
    18 years ago

I love the way these posts jump around and come up with new ideas. Lone the orchids are doing very well. I have four blinds that need recycling. Now when I cut them up the extras will come with me to the seed swap. Two are white and two are black If anyone wants black markers I will cut them up, otherwise I will find another way to recycle them. Black blinds just don't fit my decore.

• sandysgardens
    18 years ago

Hello Everyone - Lone and I are working out our schedules and once this is done I will be picking up the blinds for all of us. I will get them cut into marker size and will have them to share at the next swap.

Pauline - Any color blind can do for a marker. I have used some interesting colors. If they don't coordinate with your planting decor, they do work well inside the jugs for winter sowing or for indoor sowing. Bring them with to the next get together!!

Sandy

• jel48
    18 years ago

Thanks, Sandy and Lone, for figuring out a way to make it all happen! You too, Pauline, for adding yours to the mix :-)

• zenpotter
    18 years ago

The black blinds are going to Rick whole to go into his windows. The white ones will come cut up.

Pauline

• luvmydaisies
    18 years ago

Lone~ Has any one taken the wood pole and insulated curtain off your hands?? If not let me know!

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022