Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zenpotter

WANTED: Have Seed Exchang date.

zenpotter
15 years ago

The 2009 seed exchange will be on January 10th, keep the date. Please let me know if you will be joining in. I will send details in December to those signing up.

It will be a pot luck and seed exchange.

I am in South Minneapolis a 5-10 min drive north of The Mall of America.

Comments (34)

• Julie
    15 years ago

Hi there Pauline!

I am looking forward to this! We should have a great time sharing and sorting and stuffin' our faces! Thanks for hosting!

I am busy making up individualized packets with the names of the seeds written on the packets to share with those who can come!

Hmmm- I guess I should start thinking about offering the mail in version of the Great Minnesota Blues Seed Swap for those who frequent our Forum- but may not be able to attend... Look for details soon!

Julie

• joyfulsnowflake
    15 years ago

I will be there.

Someone gave me a butternut squash in the spring exchange. It did wonderful for me. This is the first time I ate a butternut squash and I love it. I heard Hubbard winter squash is very good too. Anyone has seed for that?

Ying

• sandysgardens
    15 years ago

Pauline

I've marked my calendar! Will be nice seeing you and everyone else!!

Sandy

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Julie,

The mail in version of the Great Minnesota Blues Seed Swap is such a good idea I am glad you are thinking in that direction again.

I too am getting my seeds ready. My big challenge is not getting to many more seeds for wintersowing than I already have.

Pauline

• cheri_mn_524
    15 years ago

I'll try and make it..
    does anyone have any wish lists or wants....or haves.
    I loved the saliplglosses I got a couple od years ago, I think from julie...
    I have been doing a few GW swaps from the seed swap forum.
    I'll try and remember to bring tose too..
    SYS

• selkie_b
    15 years ago

We'll be there! Bringing my friend Li (Liana) with!

-Marie

• mnwsgal
    15 years ago

Looking forward to trading seeds with you all. Have marked the swap on my calander.

Bobbie

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

I've marked my calendar. As of right now it looks like I should be able to make it!

Linda

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The Group is getting bigger. I need to get moving on getting all of those seeds ready.

• may8
    15 years ago

Hi Pauline,

I don't have much luck starting seeds, but since you are so close, I will try to make it. Is it OK that I do not bring much seeds at all? I have some old seeds, but do not know if they are still good. May

• tammymn
    15 years ago

Count me in. What time? TammyMN

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I will be sending the information to those of you coming shortly. I just sent the rough draft to Julie for editing. She is the expert on these things and I don't want to leave anything out. Julie, how do you like your title, "expert"?

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Directions have been sent if you did not receive yours please email me.

• buncobabe2u
    15 years ago

Pauline,
    I don't know if I can make it, but I'm going to try. Can you send me directions?

Thanks,
    Mary

• Julie
    15 years ago

Funny that- "Expert"!!
    Far from the truth of it I would say- but thanks for your selection of words and deeds-
    I do hope you can attend Mary!
    Please- if you are thinking about coming- DO! -come on over and join in the fun!
    If you come... I (and others) will share with you how to flawlessly, (almost) every time- start your tons of seeds with out needing warmth or lights- with out pesky bugs or watering schedules, no damp off..... None of the troubles you have ever encountered when starting your seeds indoors. There is a way even we here in MN can garden all winter long!! Truly!!
    Come on= post your interest here so Zen can send you the details!

• leaveswave
    15 years ago

What time does it start? I'm booked in the morning and early afternoon.

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It is from 12:30 - 3, I have sent you an email with all of the info.

Zen

• lazyweeder
    15 years ago

Please send me the info I'm going to try to make it.

• wiley0
    15 years ago

Maybe I can make it to my first ever seed swap? Please send email with address. I know the area, grew up in Richfield and S. Mpls.

• joyfulsnowflake
    15 years ago

Has the email been sent? My hotmail account filters emails sometimes. I haven't received the email yet.

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Joyful,

I just re-sent it to you. I am glad you checked. If you don't get it this time. Send me an email.

Pauline

• rosebacopa2
    15 years ago

I am going to try and make it too..

This year I haven't gotten too much packed up
    but am more than willing to arrange now, for perennial
    swaps in the spring...

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, 15 people have responded for the seed swap. Lot's of seed s and lots of food. Fun!!!!

• sandysgardens
    15 years ago

Pauline

I haven't received an email yet with directions. I responded way back on Nov 21st. Please resend directions. I ran into Mary (happyinthegarden) the other day in the hallway at work and she said she would send the directions too. Hopefully between the two of you I will get an email with directions!!

Thanks
    Sandy

• joeknowsjolokia
    15 years ago

Wow, You girls are crazy!!!!! Let me know if you all need hot pepper seeds? I'm getting 70 different kinds from a guy out in cali!!!!!!

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    15 years ago

joe, Does that mean you are coming? Send me an email and I will send you directions.

Sandy did you get the directions?

zen

• sandysgardens
    15 years ago

Zen - Yes your email and Mary's both made it!

Joe - If you come to the swap, yes bring your pepper seeds. I start and grow hot peppers and always looking for different ones to try.

Sandy

• sandysgardens
    15 years ago

I can't find some of my seed bags that were harvested from the garden this past fall. Of course nobody at home knows anything about the missing seeds! If anyone has a couple of trades each of 'Chocolate Joe Pye' and 'Sea Holly' that they could bring it would be appreciated. I promised both sisters I would start them some this winter! Hopefully at somepoint in time, by missing seed bags will appear.

Thanks
    Sandy

• selkie_b
    15 years ago

Sandy, I think I have some eryngium (sea holly) coming! :)

-Marie

• joeknowsjolokia
    15 years ago

I can't make it, I have to work! But I will put up a list of hot seeds when they arrive!

• zenpotter
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Including the maybes. We are up to 18 people. I believe I will need to bring out a folding table or two and some chairs up from the basement. This will be fun and cozy. No need to worry we just had 27 people here for Christmas dinner.

• Julie
    15 years ago

Have 1 packet eupatorium rugosum chocolate for you Sandy-
    Ye-HAW was that Dave sayin' he was coming!
    Sorry to hear you can't make it Joe- Call in with "Spring Fever"!!
    Lynn- not to worry about not having many seeds packed- usually there are a few folks who bring in way too many!! ... not sayin' who though...

• tammymn
    15 years ago

Hi Pauline,
    I am coming and bringing a friend. We have 2 seed shoe boxes to share. We both will be bringing something for the lunch. TammyMN

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

Pauline, I didn't get directions, could you e-mail them to me at doucanoe (at) yahoo (dot) com?

Thanks.

No guarantees, and I don't have much for seeds, but I'll try to get down there.

linda

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio