Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Have Seed Exchang date.

Posted by zenpotter z4 MN (zenpotter@tcq.net) on
Wed, Nov 19, 08 at 14:35

The 2009 seed exchange will be on January 10th, keep the date. Please let me know if you will be joining in. I will send details in December to those signing up.

It will be a pot luck and seed exchange.

I am in South Minneapolis a 5-10 min drive north of The Mall of America.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Have Seed Exchang date.

Hi there Pauline!

I am looking forward to this! We should have a great time sharing and sorting and stuffin' our faces! Thanks for hosting!

I am busy making up individualized packets with the names of the seeds written on the packets to share with those who can come!

Hmmm- I guess I should start thinking about offering the mail in version of the Great Minnesota Blues Seed Swap for those who frequent our Forum- but may not be able to attend... Look for details soon!

Julie

o

I will be there.

Someone gave me a butternut squash in the spring exchange. It did wonderful for me. This is the first time I ate a butternut squash and I love it. I heard Hubbard winter squash is very good too. Anyone has seed for that?

Ying

o

Pauline

I've marked my calendar! Will be nice seeing you and everyone else!!

Sandy

o
RE: WANTED: Have Seed Exchange date.

Julie,

The mail in version of the Great Minnesota Blues Seed Swap is such a good idea I am glad you are thinking in that direction again.

I too am getting my seeds ready. My big challenge is not getting to many more seeds for wintersowing than I already have.

Pauline

o

I'll try and make it..
does anyone have any wish lists or wants....or haves.
I loved the saliplglosses I got a couple od years ago, I think from julie...
I have been doing a few GW swaps from the seed swap forum.
I'll try and remember to bring tose too..
SYS

o

We'll be there! Bringing my friend Li (Liana) with!

-Marie

o

Looking forward to trading seeds with you all. Have marked the swap on my calander.

Bobbie

o

I've marked my calendar. As of right now it looks like I should be able to make it!

Linda

o

The Group is getting bigger. I need to get moving on getting all of those seeds ready.

o

• Posted by may8 Z4 MN (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 30, 08 at 23:18

Hi Pauline,

I don't have much luck starting seeds, but since you are so close, I will try to make it. Is it OK that I do not bring much seeds at all? I have some old seeds, but do not know if they are still good. May

o

Count me in. What time? TammyMN

o

I will be sending the information to those of you coming shortly. I just sent the rough draft to Julie for editing. She is the expert on these things and I don't want to leave anything out. Julie, how do you like your title, "expert"?

o

Directions have been sent if you did not receive yours please email me.

o

Pauline,
I don't know if I can make it, but I'm going to try. Can you send me directions?

Thanks,
Mary

o

Funny that- "Expert"!!
Far from the truth of it I would say- but thanks for your selection of words and deeds-
I do hope you can attend Mary!
Please- if you are thinking about coming- DO! -come on over and join in the fun!
If you come... I (and others) will share with you how to flawlessly, (almost) every time- start your tons of seeds with out needing warmth or lights- with out pesky bugs or watering schedules, no damp off..... None of the troubles you have ever encountered when starting your seeds indoors. There is a way even we here in MN can garden all winter long!! Truly!!
Come on= post your interest here so Zen can send you the details!

o

What time does it start? I'm booked in the morning and early afternoon.

o

It is from 12:30 - 3, I have sent you an email with all of the info.

Zen

o

Please send me the info I'm going to try to make it.

o

Maybe I can make it to my first ever seed swap? Please send email with address. I know the area, grew up in Richfield and S. Mpls.

o

Has the email been sent? My hotmail account filters emails sometimes. I haven't received the email yet.

o

Joyful,

I just re-sent it to you. I am glad you checked. If you don't get it this time. Send me an email.

Pauline

o

I am going to try and make it too..

This year I haven't gotten too much packed up
but am more than willing to arrange now, for perennial
swaps in the spring...

o

Wow, 15 people have responded for the seed swap. Lot's of seed s and lots of food. Fun!!!!

o

Pauline

I haven't received an email yet with directions. I responded way back on Nov 21st. Please resend directions. I ran into Mary (happyinthegarden) the other day in the hallway at work and she said she would send the directions too. Hopefully between the two of you I will get an email with directions!!

Thanks
Sandy

o

Wow, You girls are crazy!!!!! Let me know if you all need hot pepper seeds? I'm getting 70 different kinds from a guy out in cali!!!!!!

o

joe, Does that mean you are coming? Send me an email and I will send you directions.

Sandy did you get the directions?

zen

o

Zen - Yes your email and Mary's both made it!

Joe - If you come to the swap, yes bring your pepper seeds. I start and grow hot peppers and always looking for different ones to try.

Sandy

o
Need Chocolate Joe Pye and Sea Holly

I can't find some of my seed bags that were harvested from the garden this past fall. Of course nobody at home knows anything about the missing seeds! If anyone has a couple of trades each of 'Chocolate Joe Pye' and 'Sea Holly' that they could bring it would be appreciated. I promised both sisters I would start them some this winter! Hopefully at somepoint in time, by missing seed bags will appear.

Thanks
Sandy

o

Sandy, I think I have some eryngium (sea holly) coming! :)

-Marie

o

I can't make it, I have to work! But I will put up a list of hot seeds when they arrive!

o

Including the maybes. We are up to 18 people. I believe I will need to bring out a folding table or two and some chairs up from the basement. This will be fun and cozy. No need to worry we just had 27 people here for Christmas dinner.

o

Have 1 packet eupatorium rugosum chocolate for you Sandy-
Ye-HAW was that Dave sayin' he was coming!
Sorry to hear you can't make it Joe- Call in with "Spring Fever"!!
Lynn- not to worry about not having many seeds packed- usually there are a few folks who bring in way too many!! ... not sayin' who though...

o

Hi Pauline,
I am coming and bringing a friend. We have 2 seed shoe boxes to share. We both will be bringing something for the lunch. TammyMN

o

Pauline, I didn't get directions, could you e-mail them to me at doucanoe (at) yahoo (dot) com?

Thanks.

No guarantees, and I don't have much for seeds, but I'll try to get down there.

linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Minnesota are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here