Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
National Home Gardening Club?

Posted by ich_bin_nathan 4a (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 8, 08 at 17:49

Today I got it-the "nomination" to be in the National Home Gardening Club. They promise me oodles of free stuff for only a dollar a month...and they want me to join so they can shower me with gifts...apparently.

Has anyone else got one of these? Anyone know anything about it? It is supposed to be based out of Minnetonka, but just cause its local doesnt mean it isnt a scam...they did send me some free seeds though. I sense a rip off but I wanted everyone else's opinion. (because heck-it does SOUND good...)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: National Home Gardening Club?

Check out Garden Watchdog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Watchdog for NHGC

o

Thanks for that site! Looks like we don't need them!

o

Totally agree...heck those "postive" messages seemed pretty fake...they were exactly formated like the newletter they sent out. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an advertising plant...what dishonesty-what is this world coming too? And I always thought garden people were the nicest-lol
Nathan

o

I would say I was neutral on the whole thing. I got a two year subscription for $24 and the magazine is OK. What I didn't like was the amount of mailings that kept coming.

I didn't renew.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here