Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandysgardens

Thanks Pauline (Zen Potter)

sandysgardens
15 years ago

Pauline - Thanks for hosting the Winter Blues Seed Swap! It was great seeing old friends and meeting new friends. Lots of Good conversation, Scrumptious food, Great gardening supplies/magazine and lots of Fun rifling thru everyoneÂs seed stash! I plan to introduce a few of my seed treasures to winter sowing tomorrow (Sunday)!! I love the thought of growing new plants from seeds so generously given by fellow gardens!

Thanks everyone for sharing your seeds and your time. Hope to see you all and others this Spring.

Sandy

Comments (10)

• zenpotter
    15 years ago

Sandy, You are very welcome. I had a great time. I told myself ahead of time I would not get any seeds at all. I did fairly well I only got 11 packages. Time to get going on my winter sowing.

I was left with one White serving bowl and a tiered serving plate. (Tammy is that yours?)

• selkie_b
    15 years ago

Had a great time! Thanks Pauline! :) Got so many fun columbine to plant, something should take!

-Marie

• joyfulsnowflake
    15 years ago

It was great. This is my first time attending a seed exchange, and I am so impressed with how organized people are with their seeds. I love your categorizing system, and the picturesï¼ãand will reach for this standard next time. ï I also want to thank Marie for the nice catalogs. There are several Asian vegetable seeds weÂve looked for high and low, and we found them in your catalog.

• Julie
    15 years ago

Yes- Thanks Pauline for hosting this years seed exchange- It is always wonderful visiting your home! I do love the new statuary out doors you have been making- Very Nice!
    I also noticed the award you were given from the City of Mpls for your gardens beautifing the city. Great job! Congratulations!
    Thanks Tammy for brining a new face with you!! And Ying for bringing your parents!! It is always nice to meet more gardeners! Especially those bearing seeds!!
    We did have 2 volunteers for this years Spring and Fall Plant exchange- Sandy's Garden and Joyful Snowflake will each host one of the events. We just are not sure who will do when just yet-
    Dave talked about possibly having a garden tour one day each month through the summer months- Like maybe having one South May-June- then North June-July-ish then East July-August then West August Septemberish. What do you think? We could post a day- and an area and folks could sign up to have folks come tour their gardens during a specific time- say 8:30-930 at one place 10-11 at another place- meet somewhere for lunch- then 1-2 at a third place ect.... Making any sense? Anyone have any interest in touring or being toured? Maybe I should post a nre topic.....
    Thanks again Pauline-

Julie

• tammymn
    15 years ago

Thanks Pauline for hosting. Had fun thinking about Spring seedlings with all my new seeds. The 2 tier serving dish is mine. Pauline since I work in Mpls maybe sometime when its not so cold or snowy out I can pick it up? TammyMN

• zenpotter
    15 years ago

Tammy, Just let me know when you are coming by. My phone number is with the information for the seed exchange if you don't still have it I will email it to you.

Pauline

• lazyweeder
    15 years ago

Pauline thanks for a wonderful time. I'd love to see your garden in the summer!

Dave

• zenpotter
    15 years ago

Dave, you can see my garden in the summer as long as you overlook the weeds,I am a lazy weeder too.

I think the garden tour would be fun and I will put mine up to be toured.I might even put out blank signs for people to identify the ones I don't know. We could provide a list of garden centers in our area for people to check out after the tours if they want.

• may8
    15 years ago

Pauline, thank you very much for hosting! Sorry, I did not get a chance to go online until now. It was fun to see your nice art works. You are very creative. I will remember to bring you some cedar branches next time for you to create something beautiful.

Thank you everyone for bringing so many seeds. As in the past, I brought home too many again. It was very nice to see you all and chat with you. By the way, how do you winter sow? Since the ground is so hard, do I just dig out the snow and put seeds right on the ground? Should I cover them with snow?

Julie, garden tour is a very good idea. Lunch is great too.

• zenpotter
    15 years ago

May, Winter sowing is done in containers. Here is a link that has all of the information you need. If you have any questions post them in the MN forum and you will get more than enough answers.

Here is a link that might be useful: winter sowing

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler