Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnwsgal

Seeds at HD and Target

mnwsgal
16 years ago

Home Depot and Target had Burpee seeds today. Of course I had to buy a few.

From HD I got 'Empress of India' Nasturtium, Gaillardia 'Goblin' and Ferry Morse 'Dwarf Cherry Rose' Naturtium.

Comments (7)

• Posie
    16 years ago

Aren't they tempting at this time of year. Burpees seeds should be o.k., but seeds at Walmart haven't turned out to be the best for me. I wonder if they might use older seeds and repackage them?

• primgal36
    16 years ago

Hi,
    I got some seeds at Menards this week. Also, Walgreens had a coupon, 10 for 1.00.
    I haven't bought seeds there before, but have at Menards. I did grab more annuals than I normally would, I mainly focus on perennials, but I couldn't resist some of them.
    Picked up cosmos, sweet peas, amaranthus, and others. Did get some perennial herbs, and veggies.
    I've never grown veggies,but have decided to give it a try this year.
    I've been gardening for 4 years, and we are still working on our yard. I LOVE gardening, it's very relaxing.
    Our style is cottage, and I'm looking for specific plants to add now.
    We have alot to do this year. My dad is coming up in the Spring to build me a potting shed, amongst other things he and my hubby will do.
    I have alot of treasures to place in the yard, as well as planning the rest of our layout. I have one other neighbor that is a gardener, and I'm glad to have a pal to share with.
    I enjoy this whole forum, but haven't posted on the Minnesota forum. We live in Blaine. I can't wait for Spring. I am learning about the winter sowing, never done it before, but that is great, because winter is so long here, I'm just getting antsy to get back in the dirt!!!
    How about you all, are you getting excited for this season?
    I'm anxious to see how all the things I planted in the fall will do this year.

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    16 years ago

Drooling over catalogs is what keeps me going at this time of year. Besides when I'm mooning over plants I can have the perfect garden. No bugs , no weeds, no hail, drought, or late frosts in my dream garden.

• tammymn
    16 years ago

I have a friend who just became a Burpee rep who stocks at the Walmart, Target, Home Depots and other stores. She did say they are all fresh seeds and at the end of the year they throw the old ones. I have also bought the 10 cent seeds at Walgreens and KMart and they also germinate well. Isnt it amazing how 10 cent seeds work as well as the 3.00 packet.

• medusa
    16 years ago

Hi, I'm new to this (except for patio gardening) and we just bought our first house. I want to start some seeds for early flowers and veggies, but I'm not sure what are good ones to start indoors early. I have some pansies that my daughter and I going to do, but my Aunt said I can just sow those on the ground just as easy. Are there any good sites for starting early I can look to?

Thanks

• gardener-budding
    16 years ago

Hello medusa,

I would highly recommend you going to the winter sowing forum and trying that out! It is a wonderful, extrememly cheap way of starting plants this time of year.
    Feel free to email me if you have any questions!
    -caarin

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

I bought Morning Glory seeds from Bachmans a few weeks ago. I use grow lights but might need to try the winter sowing this year.