Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

Spring Garden Event Calendar

doucanoe
16 years ago

It's time! Thought it might be good to start a thread where we can post gardening events that are coming up. I know we all have many to add.

Here are two (unfortunately on the same day so I have to choose....) to get us started:

Isanti County Master Gardeners 5th annual "Burst Into Spring", Saturday March 8 8:30am-3:30pm, Cambridge Middle School

keynote speaker, classes, and vendors

www.extension.umn.edu/county/isanti

Chisago County Master Gardeners 10th annual "Spring Gardening Bonanza", Saturday March 8, 8:30am-3:00pm, Abundant Life Church, North Branch

classes, information and gardener's marketplace

call 651.213.8901

I am hoping to attend the Chisago event. I have attended both of these in the past and there is lots of good information as well as fun shopping at the vendor booths.

Let us know what other gardening events you hear of. I am definitely ready for spring! LOL

Linda

Comments (10)

• daisy__3
    16 years ago

Here is another great Horticulture Day!!
    21st Annual East Otter Tail County Horticulture Day at the Prairie Wind Middle School...Perham, Mn.
    Registration at the door, Refreshments provided and lunch. ($20.00) Keynote speaker Joe Bergeson. Many great classes during the day to choose from....
    Contact the East Otter Tail County Extension Office for more info.
    218-385-3000 schwa130@umn.edu

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    16 years ago

The Wright County Master Gardeners invite you to attend their sixth annual "Spring Days" event to be held in Monticello, MN on March 8th from 8:30 AM to 2:45 PM. With twelve different topics to choose from, there will be something to please everyone! Topics include; Gardening Tips from England, How does your Tree Grow?, Water Gardening in Cold Climates, Daylilies, Growing Chile Peppers in MN, Succulent Gardening, Healthful Cooking from your Garden, Dahlias, Successful Shade Gardening, Growing Garlic in MN, Herbs for Health, Picking and Arranging Flowers that will last and New Annuals and Perennials for 2008. *Displays *Vendors *Raffles *Ask a Master Gardener Booth *Ask a Tree Care Advisor Booth Pre-regristration is $25.00 and includes coffee, lunch and class materials. Registration deadline is March 5th. E-mail post0060@umn.edu or call (763) 682-7394 for a brochure

• luvmydaisies
    16 years ago

$25.00 3/15/2008
    8:30 AM - 3:00 PM St. Olaf College - Buntrock Commons Building
    1520 St. Olaf Ave
    Northfield, MN 55057
    Rice County Annual Horticulture Day
    Lisa Holling
    507/332-6109
    holli021@umn.edu

Additional Information
    Dr. Mark Seeley, Climatologist our featured speaker and will adress "Minnesota Zones in the Context of Climate Change.
    Well known writer for the "Northern Gardener" magazine, Terry Yockey will help us to "Plant for Fall and Winter Color.
    Jim Bull of Winsome Orhirds will show us how easily we can care for orchilds at home.
    Our own Cheryl Steinberg and Pam Strouth, owners of BLOOM Floral Designs will give a demonstation using their unique techniques for arranging.
    Continental breakfast and lunch will be served. Many door prizes. Registraion brochure will be on the Rice County webpage. Or call 507-332-6109 for more information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rice County MG website...click on link for brochure

• lori251
    16 years ago

There is a plant information fair at the MN Arboretum in Chaska, MN on April 12th from 10- 3pm. Here is a link to their website for more information:
    www.arboretum.umn.edu/Future_Events.aspx

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant information Fair April 12th

• katharine_2008
    16 years ago

Hanging Plant Day at Bachman's Cedar Acres!

Plant your own customized hanging basket at the 10 a.m. and Noon workshops on March 15. You'll hear about award winning 'planting recipes' to try out, or customize your own planting! Baskets will be grown professionally at Bachman's own greenhouses and ready for you to pick up the first week of May. Perfect for Mother's Day!

16-in. Moss Hanging Basket - $55
    14-in. Patio Planter - $45

Location: Bachman's Cedar Acres - 23004 Cedar Ave. S., Farmington, MN 55024
    Date: March 15
    Time: 10 a.m. and Noon

Reservations are recommended. Call 612-861-7311 to reserve your planting space.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bachman's Hanging Basket Planting Day on March 15.

• lori251
    16 years ago

This link below contains a list of different horticulture days across MN

Here is a link that might be useful: U of MN Extension Workshops

• debsinthepink
    16 years ago

Prior Lake Library, @ 16210 Eagle Creek Ave is hosting Scott-Carver County Master Gardeners Monday evenings - 7:30 to 9 pm for a series of gardening classes 3/17 through 4/28. This Monday the subject, Landscape Design: Trees and Shrubs by Jeneann Nolting.
    Classes are free; registration is not required. Library # 952-447-3375.

debs

• adamterrie
    16 years ago

Sweeeeeeeeeeet . . . . I live in Prior Lake - I'm going. I have been having difficulty accessing the P.L. Library's website. Debs, do you know what the topic is for next Monday? Thanks much.

- Adam

• leftwood
    16 years ago

I will be at the Arboretum Plant Information Fair, April 12, 10-3pm, manning the Conifer Society and Rock Garden Society tables.

The link lori gave for future events was for June on.
    Use this one for March, April, May.
    Click the arrow way to the right of "March" for April.

Here is a link that might be useful: Arboretum events March April May

• rosebacopa2
    16 years ago

Can't remember if anyone mentioned the Westonka Horticulture Day.. big event, over 16 sessions..

See the link..
    Lynn

Here is a link that might be useful: Westonka Horticulture day

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting