Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank You!!!

Posted by doucanoe MN3/4 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 14, 06 at 10:48

Got a surprise in my mailbox yesterday from Cheri! A whole bunch of seeds from the seed swap that I missed! I am so excited! I really shoould be thanking all of you as the seeds are from your beautiful gardens! Here is what she sent:

Marigolds
Tickseed
Blue Salvia
Hummingbird mix (not sure what all is in this....Joyce?)
Ligularia
Red Fountain Grass
Shoe Fly Nicandra (need to google this one)
Purple Cosmos
Sea Holly
Purple Columbine
And a small packet without a label...this will be my summer surprise!

Thanks so much Cheri for thinking of me and sending me a super surprise!

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thank You!!!

• Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 15, 06 at 23:09

Ok... got out my reading glasses :-)

The hummingbird mix is a commercial mix bought in bulk and I have enough of it to last me for years! I did have a hummingbird stay the summer last year (first one in this location) although I suspect she kinda liked the honeysuckle rather then staying for the mix.

Common names so I don't have to spell out the long words :-) Cornlower, cosmos, larkspur, delphinium, purple coneflower, four o'clock, lemon mint, love in a mist, poppy, salvia, african marigold, crimson clover, nasturtium, zinnia, and a rather interesting sounding 'cow cockle'.

There aren't very many larger seeds in the mix, so I'm guessing you won't see any four o'clocks or anything that has big seeds. They were kind of fun to raise. I winter sowed some big pots and just left the mixed flowers in the pots all summer. They brightened up the patio a bit!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here