Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More gardening dates.....

Posted by julie_mn z4 MN Henn (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 24, 06 at 19:28

I met the young fellow who runs/owns this family business last summer- He was offering my old neighbors Hosta!!- who went out of business much to my dismay. I know these hosta- and they are grand- I can only bet the rest of what they have to offer is grand as well!
This is an abbreviated version of their seminars and events-
Mar 4- Spring ahead with your garden plans- @ Winsome Orchids 1pm
Apr 1- Orchids for the home & Rescued MN native Orchids for the garden- @ Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, Mound, 9am-2pm
May 20&21- Open House- 235 varieties of hosta plus rescued MN Native orchids- Winsome Orchids, Maple Plain MN
I will check out their website and try to get to an event or two- and thought some of you may be interested too!
Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More gardening dates.....

I'd like to go to the April 1 event. Anyone in the northwestern suburbs interested in carpooling? Lone? Julie?

Lynn

o

Sure- I would like to go for a while- It is just down the road (Ct Rd 9) from my place-

o

I am going to learn more about orchids on April Fools day-
Kinda seems appropriate as I have not had much luck with the indoor ones- Maybe I will give a new home to some rescued "orphans" instead of trying again with the indoor ones....

o

Let's see I am going to spend April Fools day at my district DFL convention as a deligate. Just who is the fool here?

o

If you are out to Mound, that's only 4-5 miles from me. I'm not sure I'll go to the seminar, but you're all welcome to come over for a peak. My hellebore might be blooming, and of course, the pussywillows(4 species), but that would be about it.

Julie, just how do you figure Mound is "just down the road" from you? Have you been sniffing Labrador tea steam again?

o

I was confused and thought it was the church off of no name lake on my way to Medina down Cty Rd 9......
Thankfully, I had Googled it already and realized my mistake- But thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I also saw how close we were to you.... So, what's for lunch?

o

Okay, Confusijulie, how's pumpkin soup grab you all? Quick, simple and easy. Now that it's on my mind, I'm going to make it tomorrow anyway, whether anyone comes or not. And there is always the peanut butter sandwhich for the unadventurous.

Rick

o

Did I say tomorrow? Of course, I meant Saturday the first.

Confusirick

o

MMMmm Yummers!
I will bring something to go along with it- and chocolate of course! I wouldn't forget chocolate for the tall fellow of St Boni!
Our day and numbers are still up in the air ( we may be bringing a suprise guest)- I will call you with the details if/when they become clear...
Julie

o

*just sitting and laughing at Rick and Julie*

-Marie

always somewhat confused.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here