Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to purchase seed starting trays @ good price, even in bulk?

Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 06 at 19:52

Does anyone know where seed starting trays can be purchased at a very reasonable price, even if they have to be purchased in bulk in order to get the price?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to purchase seed starting trays @ good price, even in b

There are lots of places but I use www.charleysgreenhouse.com They are in Whatcom County, Washington where I went to University many years ago and they are great people and VERY serious about what they do. They have an excellent selection and reasonable prices for starting equipment.

I'm sure someone will have something closer so you don't have to order online, but I would recommend getting a catalog from these folks at least - they have some unusual stuff!

-Marie

o

Marie, I went to the web site and ordered the catalog. Thanks

Pauline

o

If you want inexpensive.... 'make your own' from styrofoam egg cartons. For a large supply ask friends to save these for you.

check out the link below.....kinda clever.

Here is a link that might be useful: Make-your-own seed starting trays

o

I like the paper-towel-&-baggie method. Much as I like to play in the dirt, I also like knowing that there's a viable seed. It's so sad to me when a pot stays empty (lol).

o

Just saw on the WInter seed sowing site the jugs method. ALso Lyndale Garden center has some basic trays, etc. at reasonable prices,if you don't want alot.
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here