Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a big bag of Dolomitic lime

Posted by garystpaul z4 MN (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 18, 12 at 7:54

I'll be doing a lot of container growing this season and would like to have a bag of dolomite lime for use in the mixes. Does anyone know where in the TC I could find this at reasonable cost? TIA, Gary.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a big bag of Dolomitic lime

Gary,
Last year I tried the garden lime found at Menards and Lowes garden areas. I don't think it said Dolomitic on it, but I can tell you my pepper plants in my containers produced peppers like there was no tomorrow. By the end of Oct I was tired of having to cover due to frost potential that I finally had to pull them (felt bad). My sisters been adding the same lime to her veggie garden for several years and she gets some good produce. I think the bags I bought were 50lbs, I think they had 2 sizes too.

Sandy

o
RE: Looking for a big bag of Dolomitic lime

Thanks, Sandy, appreciate the response.

I found a 40 lb bag of NutraLime at HD this weekend for about 6 bucks. It's the non-hydrated, supposedly non-burning kind. Hope it works out. I'll be trying peppers for the first time this year. I've recently read about people digging up pepper plants, overwintering them inside and planting out next season for an early start.

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here