Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Nordic rasberry plants

Posted by lorah 4 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 07 at 9:58

This variety was developed by the U of M and the 80's, is highly recommended for our area, and is supposed to have wonderful flavor, but I have checked every nursery known to man, and nobody sells it anymore due to lack of demand. I am looking for a local gardener who grows Nordic and would be interested in sharing a plant or cutting.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Nordic rasberry plants

Wishing you luck, if you find a source let us know. I hope someone can help you.

o

Have you tried the Minnesota Grown Directory? You never know, it is not just foodstuffs, but nursery plants too.

http://www2.mda.state.mn.us/webapp/mngrown/mngrown_default.jsp

o

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement. I'm about half way through calling all the seedling growers and nurseries listed in the Minnesota Grown Directory (a wonderful resource!) It doesn't look hopeful though, no one I've spoken to has even heard of it. Interstingly, Melinda Myers also recommends Nordic as the best tasting and sturdiest summer bearing for this area in her book "Month by Month Gardening in Minnesota."

o

Check with the organizers of the Rasberry Festival in Hopkins. If they don't know, who would?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here