Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
marshall fields flower show

Posted by leaveswave (MN z4) (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 24, 06 at 10:55

did you go? was it crowded? what did you like best/least?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: marshall fields flower show

I work downtown so of course I went. I went late afternoon and there was hardly anyone there. Over the lunch hour that place is a zoo..

I didn't really like it. Last year they had tons of oriental lillies that you could smell from a mile away. Nothing smelly at this one that I can remember. Instead of having lots of plant varieties there were just a handful. Most of the displays consisted of masses of one or two types of flowers. I also thought the overall size was smaller than years past. Maybe I didn't appreciate the "artsy-ness" of the displays. Or maybe I just wasn't in a good mood that day. I don't want to discourage anyone from going though. I'm just glad I didn't make a separate trip downtown for it.

I suppose I did like something about it -- the tall trees with pink flowers on them. No idea what they were but they sure were lovely..

Laura.

o
RE: marshall fields flower show

I went Thursday night so it wasn't crowded. The mass plantings of daffodils and tulips were gorgeous. Many things didn't seem to be identified which was frustrating, but it was lovely. Any day I get to stroll around in a garden is a good day.
Sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here