Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gamebird

Are there any plant swaps in the Twin Cities?

gamebird
17 years ago

All the ones I see are an hour's drive or so from where I live in St. Paul. While I'd like to go, it's a little inconvenient. I'd imagine with so many people here in the Twin Cities that there would be plenty of swaps here. Am I just looking in the wrong place, or do cityfolk not swap?

Comments (10)

• selkie_b
    17 years ago

gamebird, we mix with everyone else - when we do the swaps they rotate. Two of the past 3 June swaps were in the Twin Cities (one at my house in St Paul and last year at Zenpotter's in Minneapolis). This year we all agreed to put one WAY out so the others would get a chance to not have to come into town - so it's in Cambridge. We can always do personal swaps - is there something in particular you are looking for?

-Marie

• halley_rose
    17 years ago

I'm not that far from the twin cities either. Is there something you're looking for I'll swap with you. I have other garden related stuff other than plants, but I have plants too

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

I am just across the river in Mpls. Who know maybe we could swap as well. I hope to get to the one in Cambridge it all depends on our cabin time and my Dh's work schedule.

For some reason we city folks find driving to Cambridge a long way when the out of those out of town do it frequently. Are we lazy or is it just that we don't need to drive somewhere else to get what we want?

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

Think of it as a lovely drive in the country! I drove two hours to get to the one last year at leftwood's, it's really not that big a deal, and WELL worth the drive for what you go home with!

C'mon, gamebird, the June swap is only 45 minutes from St. Paul! LOL

Linda

• gamebird
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I've never been to one. I intended to go to one last year, but I was either pregnant or had recently had the baby and wasn't feeling up to it.

All I have to swap right now are seeds: hollyhock, marigold, nasturtium, morning glory. And I have hosta I need to dig up and divide, but I have to wait for the soil to dry out a bit more before doing that. Come to think of it, anyone who wanted to take some of these chives (garlic and onion) off my hands would be welcome.

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

See? You have stuff to trade! The swap isn't until June, I am sure you'll find more stuff to thin out by then!

For those who are just starting their gardens and/or don't have much to trade, you can bring garden-related items, a dish to share at the pot luck, whatever you can. You will still go home with a car full of new plants! Some of us have way too much and everyone is very generous!

Linda

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

You can more than fill that new garden. People are truly very generous.

• sarahjeanolson
    17 years ago

I am in cambridge MN and would like to participate in a pant SWAp-when is it?

SJ

• kerks01
    17 years ago

I would definitely be interested in participating in a swap - I'm in St. Cloud. Not sure that I have much to swap with but I would be willing to bring whatever I have. I started some stuff under lights in the basement again this year - and some stuff in windows. Unfortunately my boyfriend left the door open to the room the window stuff was in and my cats laid on the seedlings and of course did some digging. I'm not sure who I'm more upset with the boyfriend or the cats - *laughs*.

Sue

• Julie
    17 years ago

Take a look at the "Exchange" side of th eforum- all of the details of the swap are posted there-
    Click on the little blue word "exchange" to go to that side of our forum.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living