Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantorvillain

Garden Swap May 17

mantorvillain
10 years ago

As I look out the window at still mostly white, it seems a garden swap is a bit farfetched, but...we in little Mantorville are ready and planning for our annual spring fling. I'll be organizing the garden swap again and it'll take place (starting promptly at) 2:00 pm til done on Saturday May 17. There is usually a swap in the twin cities sometime in the spring but we do this for anyone interested and have grown nicely in each of the 2 past yrs we've done it.
For those of you who've never participated in a swap, we line everything up and each person briefly describes what they've brought, then it's time to get your plants or other treasures (absolutely free!). In order to maintain some semblance of order, we limit each participant to selecting one item on the first 'round', two in the 2nd round, and so on for 3-5 rounds depending on how many folks show up. After that it's a free for all with everyone hoping everything they brought gets taken because they've likely picked up a carload of 'stuff' they didn't have.
Now! Some folks think these are just plant swaps. No such thing! You can bring extra pots, trellises or whatever 'garden related' stuff you have or even don't bring anything but yourself (hoping you'll be back next year w your own treasures of course)....and flowers, bulbs etc you've started or dug to share with your garden friends.
This is way to long for a first notice and I'll update along the way but we do really hope you can come add to the fun!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County