Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Goji berry bush

Posted by strandbe z4 MN (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 12 at 16:44

I have been growing a goji berry bush/tree outside for the past five years. It leafs out fine, but I get a sporadic number of blossoms and about six berries a year.

It gets about eight hours of sun, and I don't overwater it.

Any idea why it's not producing? Also, is it too late now (March 13) to prune it? Given our weird weather, who knows, right?

Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Goji berry bush

I'd never heard of this plant,so did some quick research, aka googled it. Sounds like an interesting thing to grow. Sorry I don't have any experience that might help you, but thanks for calling our attention to it. Perhaps others will chime in.

o

I have been growing some Goji berry plants. They don't do well for me either - they always die back and regrow from the roots. I think our climate is a bit too harsh - the sources I have come across state zone 5 to be the lowest zone in the hardiness range.

Was worth a try, but personally I am done experimenting with this variety.

o

Hi I have 2 Goji Berry Plants I purchased in 2007 .They look great never had any blooms tho untill 2010 and no berries at that time even with temps of -15 ( lots of snow coverage) they did not die back, in 2011 had lots of blooms but only few berries. This year lots of blooms and still have berries even got enough to eat some lol.
I think I just need to put in two more plants I never realized I could propagate them my self duh, so I will try that. I tried dormant bare root plants first never lived then the potted plants and they are doing great. I lost touch with Timpanogos Nursery can't find them again , I did receive a newsletter from them (before my pc crashed) very informative. Could some one help me get in touch with them again ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here