o
Friends School Plant Sale

Posted by zenpotter z4 MN (zenpotter@tcq.net) on
Fri, Mar 31, 06 at 17:34

I got my catalog today!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friends School Plant Sale

I printed one out the other day and have been wearing out my highlighter!
Most of these I will just google and drool over though....
Hey- Who knew that Plum Granny mellons were rare!! Certainly not anyone at the last spring swap or folks who I've been swappin seeds with!!
Hey Rick- you don't have to wait for seeds from my Corydalis Chelanthifolia any longer..... They have them for sale! But you are still welcome to them if the silly thing decides to put out flowers instead of growing into a monster plant again this year. It looks like it faired ok through the winter!
Some of those shrubs and trees look mighty good to me- any reccomendations- posed to the folks who know more about them than I (which is just about any one...) ?
HHHmmmm....... Blue poppies any one?

o

I haven't got my newspaper yet, but I know it is coming since I signed up for one early this year and got a confirmation back from them.

So, I can't really comment on anything yet, but, blue poppies? Tough, very tough. First to get them to grow and last more than one year, and second to get them to bloom. They like alpine conditions - perfect draining, very lean mineral soil, full sun, cool all the time, low humidity all the time, high air circulation. They are native to high mountainous areas. Then again, you just may have the touch Julie!

o

I got my catalog last week and went through it and circled everything I want!! There are to many things I want!! I can't wait to go. Last year was the first time ever going and I went on Sunday, 1/2 price day. Lots of things still there but not anything that I had my heart set on....but still came away with many plants that I didn't have!!

o

When and where is the sale this year? Is there a website I can look at? I have never gone to this sale, but am interested in finding out more....

Linda

o

The sale is at the State Fair grounds May 12-14. Here is a link to the catalog.

Here is a link that might be useful: plant sale

o

Thanks! Interesting selection, I will have to try to make it down for that one!

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here