Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Spring Plant Swap

jel48
15 years ago

Is it being planned yet? Gary and I are thinking we'll drive down for this one. We don't have a lot of plants to share yet, but we do have gorgeous rocks and a few other goodies we're thinking of bringing.

Comments (8)

• selkie_b
    15 years ago

I know that two people were up for it - if one couldn't do it than the other would. One was Joyfulsnowflake, but I can't remember who the other was! One will do spring, one fall... decided that at the seed swap.

-Marie

• creative.garden
    15 years ago

Is this a meeting? ...or mailing swap? Curious. I'm from the SE metro.

Rebecca

• joyfulsnowflake
    15 years ago

Hi, this is Ying. I will be happy to host the swap if Sandy cannot. I live in Woodbury's Stonemill Farm community and they have a community center we can use. The center right now have 6/7, 6/21 open noon - 6pm. or 6/14 open noon-2pm. That is if we need to use the inside of the building. If we just want to sit on the deck or the outside picnic table, then we can use it any time. So if we want to start like 11am, we can put our plants on the outside lawn and food on the outside picnic table, then move in to eat at noon.

I am open to all 3 days. Please let me know which day is best so I can go reserve the center, it books up fast.

The community center looks like this, with outside picnic tables that do not require reservation. Inside has bathrooms that do not require reservation. If we are just going to use the outside of the building then any day is good.

• jel48
    Original Author
    15 years ago

CreativeGarden, it's an in person swap.

Ying, that community center looks like a fun place for a swap. I think we could come either of those weekends so I'm not going to vote on a date yet. I'll just wait and see what others do :-)

• zenpotter
    15 years ago

That looks like a good place to have a swap. I can make it either the 7th or 21st I hope. I am going to have knee surgery so I may not be able to make it at all.

I also think it is a good idea to reserve the inside just in case it is a rainy day. That has happened before,

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

What a pretty setting for the swap! Right now I am open to any day in June, but would prefer the earlier date if that works for everyone.

I'll be watching for the final decision so I can mark my calendar!

Linda

• buncobabe2u
    15 years ago

I would prefer 6/7 or 6/14. I don't think I could make 6/21 since it is Father's Day.

Thanks,
    Mary

• adamterrie
    15 years ago

I would also prefer June 7th. June 14th does not work for me. "GOOOOO June 7th" (that is supposed to be a cheer, if you couldn't tell . . ).

- Adam

Sponsored