Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julie_mn

I found ....

Julie
17 years ago

A huge selection of early plants!! On sale at Costco now!

Hosta (Sorry Dave, no 'Leather Sheen'), Astilbe, Calla, Canna, Lilies, Glads, Day Lilies, Clematis and much much more!!

They sell them bare root, in bags that you will need to either plant early indoors- or keep chilled, (being careful not to let them dry out) till later- But they do have a good selection at reasonable prices-

The bags cost about $11- and you get a reasonable amount- usually 4 hosta to a bag- 7 Astilbe- 10-20 (I think) Caladium, 10 Lilies- (I got the species selection of 4 rubrem, 4 white somethings and 2 'Black Beauties'!! A buck a piece!!) I think I saw 50 -70 Glads to a bag (Sorry Marie, no 'White Goddess").....

Last year I bought some Heuchera and Echinecea that did not do well at all- and had I saved my receipt- I could have taken what I could find of them back for a total refund- They give a 1 year warranty- But all the others fared very well.

Who knew you could buy hosta bare root- and enjoy then a little the first year- and much more come year 2 and 3!! I do look forward to this every year- and usually get a few things to try that I have not bought elsewhere as they too expensive.

I hope you will enjoy as I have-

Julie

Comments (4)

Sponsored