Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prunella grandiflora 'Pink Loveliness'

Posted by hostaholic2 MN 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 2, 08 at 21:32

Just wondering if anyone has grown this plant? I've been finding a wide variety of information about it in different web sites. Unfortunately none of them seem to agree. I've seen hardiness ratings stated as zones 4-8, 5 - 8, and 6-9. I've read that it spreads slowly to about 16 inches and another site states that it requires frequent division to keep it under control. The height range has been given as 6 inches to 30 inches. I'm guess the variations may have something to do with growing location. Anyone in good ole MN familiar with it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prunella grandiflora 'Pink Loveliness'

I have my Herbaceous II class tomorrow night, I think my instructor has grown every plant known to man...I will see what she knows...

Helen.

o

Thanks Helen, I appreciate it. It's so much fun to go to those classes at this time of year.

o

Well, my instructor had not grown that particular cultivar of prunella, and had only grown one other, she said that the habit was ground cover like, it sprawled about with the flowers floating above, it was pretty good the first and second years but did not return the third. So I guess that does not help too much unless that is common for that species around here...Good luck with your info quest...

Helen.

o

Helen, thanks for checking, I appreciate it. Guess I'll keep searching for info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here