Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
upucker_gw

2013 Plant Swap in St. Paul?

UPucker
11 years ago

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone is doing a plant swap this spring? I am in St Paul(Como Park). I started a ton of seeds already, and will be starting more when they arrive in the mail. If anyone is interested in anything I am starting here is a list of what I will have.

Carolina Reaper
Red Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Pepper)
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
Butch T Trinidad Scorpion
Chocolate Habanero
Red Habanero
Orange Habanero
Long Red Cayenne
Numex Big Jim
Jalepeno
Chinese Giant Sweet Pepper
Keystone Giant Sweet Pepper
Rutgers Tomato
Bloody Butcher Tomato
Mortgage Lifter Tomato
Super Beefsteak Tomato
Aji Lemon Drop Pepper
Black Beauty Zucchini
Early Prolific Straightneck Squash
Black Beauty Eggplant

I will be planting some of each in the garden, giving some to friends and family, and the rest will need a home.

This post was edited by UPucker on Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 4:55

Comments (8)

• salix311
    11 years ago

I'm interested in some tomato swaps and maybe some peppers, how do you keep you tomatoes right now? seems a bit early to start them because they grow so fast there gonna be huge by May.
    here's my list of potential swap items, that I have started or starting.

Yellow onion
    Burgundy onion
    Big Dipper Pepper (bell)
    Jalapeno Pepper
    Baby Red pepper (baby bell)
    Manitoba tomato
    Jubille (yellow) Tomato
    Detroit Beets
    and much more to come!

• UPucker
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I built a seed starting shelf to start seeds indoors earlier this year. Normally I start seeds and buy seedlings in the spring. This year I wanted to try starting indoors to try and get fruit earlier in the season.

I started mostly peppers already and will add more tomatoes as I move things from the trays into pots. It is a learning experience. I was worried about it being too cold, but I already fried a dozen tomato plants. The lights were too close over a humidity dome and the temp jumped to 108 by the time I checked on it in the morning. :(

My list will need updating. A trip to Menard's today to get more 1020 trays and all the seeds were an additional 20% off. So I picked up a few. I also will be receiving some new peppers and tomatoes in the mail and starting them as soon as I get them. I have plenty of space and several 4' 4-bulb t8 fixtures.

I would be interested in the peppers and tomatoes you have. Maybe 1 or 2 of each. It will depend on how much space I have in the garden. I am also thinking about growing some in pots.

This post was edited by UPucker on Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 3:38

• UPucker
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just started Hot Lemon Peppers and Brandywine Pink also.

• John97
    11 years ago

Question for Salix 311......Are you a willow fan?

• UPucker
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I also just started the following peppers:

Cherry Hot
    Marconi Red
    Cubanelle
    Poblano
    Sweet Banana
    Hot Hungarian
    Twilight
    Black Cuban
    (thanks Bruce esox07)

I will be selling the extras on craigslist, but If anyone here wants any they will be free. Some of the super hots will be in short supply as friends/relatives have spoken for some, and I only started 20 of the Carolina Reapers so I will not have any extras.

• misterpatrick
    11 years ago

I started my tomatoes about a month ago so I don't think now is too early. They will get potted up in a week or two. I don't think it's too early. I'm still hoping for planting out around end of May. My peppers I started over two months ago and are about five inches tall. I never have great luck with peppers so was trying to get some growth before I plant them out.

• UPucker
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If anbody wants to trade anything or wants some freebies let me know. Some of the tomatoes I am planting are a foot tall already. The freebies are the smaller ones. I plan on putting the best in my garden. :)

• mantorvillain
    10 years ago

Well, not in St. Paul, but we'll be swapping in Mantorville at 2pm if you're interested (potlucking for interested folk @ 1). I'll have a number of rooted brugmansia cuttings as usual and whatever else I dig/pot this week and am open to dividing some (but not all) perennials in my yards.
    Repost for directions if interested.
    Will

Sponsored