Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
longfellowmpls

Minneapolis Blooms?

longfellowmpls
17 years ago

Is the organization still in existence? The website has been down now for a few weeks. I was wondering when their spring workshop was going to be held.

Comments (9)

• leftwood
    17 years ago

This is the same org that presents Bloom Day (May 5 this year). I received confirmation (via snail mail) of my participation in it just last week. I will be representing the MN chapter N. American Rock Garden Society and the American Conifer Society. Their stationary still says MinneapolisBlooms.org. I'm sure it is only . . . temporary?

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

I got a notice a week or two about the meeting so it must be a temporary problem with the web site.

• longfellowmpls
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks- I received a nice letter and award in the mail from the organization last yr. It was a nice acknowledgement of a season of hardwork.

• Julie
    17 years ago

Hi Yall'
    Care to share what your letter said? Date time, location(s)?
    Is this a fun event full of learning and growing?
    Curious minds want to know.....
    Thanks-
    Julie

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

I looked and can't find it. I have been sorting and moving stuff around and it is somewhere, just where i don't know. If If I find it I will let you know.

Pauline

• leftwood
    17 years ago

This year it is May 5, 9-1pm at the Nokomis Park Community Center , on E Minnehaha parkway, just east of Cedar Ave S.

Not exactly all sure what's going to happen in the new location, hopefully with more room. Two years ago when I participated, there was about 8-10 plant societies there. They use the date to present awards of kinds like "best garden in Minneapolis" or such. Never was interested, so I can't really say much. There is always a speech or talk of some kind (again I plead ignorance). Umm, surely someone knows more than me!

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

I know that the park is within walking distance of my house. I got a certificate in the mail. One of my neighbors submitted my garden. The certificate is with the missing letter.

• denz0018
    17 years ago

I already posted this once, but for some reason it did not show up. Minneapolis Blooms changed their name to Metro Blooms because they expanded to provide workshops in other cities as well as Minneapolis. Their website is now:

Metroblooms.org

• zenpotter
    17 years ago

Thank you. It works, there are some great links from it too.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus