Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pro Mix BX available in the Twin Cities?

Posted by mandolls 4WI (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 7:03

I actually live in WI about an hour from St.Paul - and I cant find Pro-Mix or Fafards Mixes anywhere near me. Any suggestions of where I can find either of these in the Wood bury - St.Paul neighborhood?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pro Mix BX available in the Twin Cities?

Do you live near Chippewa Falls, WI? There is a place called Klinger Farms north of CF & they had large bags of Fafards products last summer when I was there. Link to Klinger below

Here is a link that might be useful: KLINGER

o

I don't know about Woodbury but the Home Depots in Maple Grove carry ProMix 2cu ft bales.These are pressed so are about the same as several bags of loose mix. I bought four bales last fall when they were on sale. You can check online to see if the Woodbury area HDs carry ProMix and if they are in stock.

o

Thanks -I am in Menomonie, I do usually make a trip to Klingers every spring - I'll check out the Fafards. However I have heard that the Fafard mixes that are sold retail arent nearly as good as the professional mixes they make. Still - definitely worth looking into.

I'll check out HD - I think there is one in Hudson.

o

You might check where the manufacturer of ProMix indicates that it distributes its products. That's how I found my source (in St. Paul).

Here is a link that might be useful: ProMix distributors

o

Thanks for the link - I E-mailed the sales rep to see if she had suggestions.

HD in Hudson has a Pro Mix product, but it isnt BX

I may have to just wait until the next time I come into the twin cities.

o

Gerten's carries Farfard's and I've gotten the big ProMix bags at Menard's.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here