Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blizzard warning

Posted by deweymn z4mn (deweydl@go.com) on
Sun, Apr 1, 07 at 7:13

Most of Minnesota and Western Wisconsin has a late arriving winter storm heading this way. Expected snow depths of at least 12" predicted with high winds should start by late this afternoon. Check your local weather station for details.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blizzard warning

Supposed to get snow but NO accumulations here in the TC supposedly.

-Marie

o

You got me. I went scrambling to check the weather report.

o

Oops. I assumed this was a little April 1 joke. It looks like some parts of the state might get it.

o

It was but when I went outside this evening to move some of my WS containers into a more safe place I began to wonder if there was something winter like heading our way. Maybe I got a few people to check the weather report in their area and cover a few plants?

o

I think your joke backfired, we are "scheduled" to get snow later this week.

o

Who knows what's going to happen with Minnesota weather? I still remember Paul Douglas telling me that we could expect 2"-3" of snow after some rain during that last few days of October 1991.

I must have scared myself too because I brought in 7 containers of tomatos that I was experimenting with WS'ing.
Half were already spreading the first two leaves and the rest were sprouting from those couple of 60 degree days. Then, it turned cold but I guess the process started and couldn't stop? I don't know, but I made room on my seedling shelf and will let them recover and then maybe put them in the cold frame (or should I make it a hot frame?).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here