Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who put this in my garden?

Posted by doucanoe MN3/4 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 26, 06 at 12:21

Appears someone snuck into my garden last fall and planted a bulb! I truly do not know how this got in my front bed. Looks to be a hyacinth, maybe?

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who put this in my garden?

It is a nice surprise, I wonder if there any more.

Pauline

o

Linda, that is a very beautiful surprise!! I suppose aside from having a sweet neighbor that thought they'd do something special for you is it possible that a critter could have dug it up somewhere and buried it the way they do with nuts?
Kristy :)

o

I have a patch of Achillea Pearl that I know I did not plant, but it is nice, so my ln eighbor gave me this....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

• Posted by jel48 Z3/4 Minnesota (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 26, 06 at 23:15

That's a lovely surprise Linda! And Phyllis... I like the way your neighbor thinks :-) I'd need a necklace though, that has the words 'I don't remember' and then a set of panels that I could slide in and out so that I could put in the one that fit what I don't remember today!

o

Phyllis, I love that!! That is great!

o

This has happened to me too and I am convinced that the squirrels do it. Someone plants a bulb in their garden and squirrels dig it up and then bury it someplace else. That explains the Crocus growing in the woods near my house. I guess having squirrels around is not all bad!!

o

Hey Kristy, good to see you on this forum!

Well, it could have been a squirrel "planting", heck, maybe it was a bulb stuck in with something I got at a swap or it could be the work of garden gremlins! I'll never know, but it sure is cute!

Linda

o

Hey Kristy, good to see you on this forum!

Thanks Linda! I have my moments but I am kind of quiet during the off-season where gardening is concerned.

o

I had 5 white grape hyacinths come up this year in weird spots of my garden...I think the squirrles hid them there for later eating and forgot about them...so I dug them up and put them in a clump closer together.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Minnesota Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here